INSIDE SALES SPECIALIST - Employee Benefits (Licensed Life, Health)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Licensed Agents Only please (License: Life,
Health, Sickness/Accident - any state).
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is responsible for
providing day-to-day sales, administration, education, and advisory
support to potential clients generated by on-going Sales and
Marketing efforts. The BDS will, at times, will support the
Business Development Executive by researching, analyzing, and
evaluating client needs to establish the best product solutions
including Decisely platform solutions, as well as, health and
wellness plan offerings. The successful Business Development
Specialist demonstrates a thorough understanding of Deciselys value
proposition and has the ability to quantify this benefit for
clients. The BDS manages a disciplined calendar to efficiently
maintain pipeline activity, conduct sales calls and present
proposals to prospective clients leveraging technological
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound/outbound calls and emails to and from
prospective clients of traditional direct and program business
- Establish and maintain high levels of trust and confidence with
prospective clients by serving as a knowledgeable resource and
providing accurate and timely responses to inquiries.
- Managing multiple opportunities through sequential stages of
sales process: initial prospect meeting, gather and confirm minimum
required data for accurate generation of healthcare cost analysis
quotes, request for proposal data gathering, benefits comparison,
technology demonstration, proposal presentation, and close.
- Manage healthcare cost analysis quoting and subsequent proposal
meetings for prospective clients.
- Track inquiries and activity in applicable CRM for accurate
- Achieve sales quota target by meeting sales metrics that drive
- Interface with prospective clients, business development,
client engagement and other team members to fully understand client
needs and service expectations.
- Assist with new paperwork and monitor implementation progress
to ensure prompt resolution and follow-up.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the
Personal and Organizational Development
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure all goals
- Interact with others effectively using accurate, clear
communication, cooperating purposefully, and providing information
and guidance as needed.
- Operate in compliance with and maintain basic knowledge of the
Affordable Care Act and other regulatory health plan requirements
including but not limited to COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA.
- Complete all tasks and duties in a timely manner.
- Ensure expert knowledge is maintained and prepare resource
information for prospective clients to continually keep informed of
benefit trends, State and Federal legislation, rules, and
- Stay informed regarding industry information, new
product/program developments, coverages, legislation, and
technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Demonstrate Deciselys core values daily.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Maintains highest level of service standards.
- Full knowledge of employee benefit plans including medical
(including Medical Essential Coverage plans), dental, vision, life,
disability, voluntary worksite plans and services.
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities.
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and
without direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced
team environment, as well as, independently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and
- Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise,
tact, diplomacy and ability to handle confidential
- Highly organized and process driven; he/she can manage a
multitude of requests, details and follow-ups.
- Demonstrated experience with Agency Management Systems and/or
Client Relationship Management Systems.
- An inquisitive nature, always pressing to know more and
understand more about the client and his/her needs.
- Strong analytical skills enabling one to gather data and
present it in a clear and understandable method to the receiving
- Technology savvy, having a curiosity and propensity to learn
more about computers, software and other tools that make business
more effective and productive.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience related to our industry,
including insurance, benefits, human resources, broker/agency,
- B2B sales experience highly preferred.
- College degree and industry-related professional designations
- Life and Health License required
- Benefits administration and/or client management a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as
various Microsoft Office programs to include Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, OneNote & Excel.
- SaaS technology support experience, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to
travel independently to clients; some air travel may be
Work Environment and Environmental
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to
Keywords: Decisely, Alpharetta , INSIDE SALES SPECIALIST - Employee Benefits (Licensed Life, Health), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!