What does a great Software Development Engineer do:
Fiserv is seeking a talented software engineer to join our Bank
Solutions division. This position requires involvement in regular
new product developments as well as adaption activities on existing
software. This position is expected to work with minimum
supervision, while providing expertise and guidance for other team
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, coding, installing and maintaining
- Work with other developers, architects, QA, system engineers
and product management in solving new and existing technical
- Understand requirements, implement designs, and provide
documentation for specific projects
- Implement new releases of Fiserv applications as well as
maintain existing releases.
- Assess requirements and estimate time and resources to create
- Lead project scoping in the assigned area
- analyze specifications for application enhancements for
compatibility with other systems and within operating
- Analyze dumps, debug problems and apply fix procedures.
- Prepare documentation for use by computer operations,
applications programming and end users
- Lead Design and Code Reviews in the assigned area
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Maintain ownership of the projects assigned
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Maintain quality
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum 1 year of Software Development experience required
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's preferred
Travel required: 20% Percentage/frequency of travel
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Two plus years of software development experience on an IBM
iSeries midrange computer.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for back-end
and UI components.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and
motivational skills. Must be focused with the ability to work
independently and in teams.
- Candidate with a proven track record of producing high quality
software against plans and schedules that are being met
- Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic
This position is not eligible for Colorado
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our
commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and
fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't
thinking about "financial services" But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking
customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added
products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial
institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable
financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations.
With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can
preserve platform investments while delivering both updated
functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research
to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth
opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help
clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
Fiserv bank platforms - Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier,
Signature - enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of
activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans,
customer information management, and general ledger and accounting
tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they
all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.