Project Manager, Engineering - Medical Device (3103)
Company: Avanos Medical, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Requisition ID: 3103
Job Title: Project Manager, Engineering - Medical Device
Job Country: United States (US)
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three
- Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never
ceasing to fight for groundbreaking solutions in everything we
- Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly
nurturing our nimble culture of innovation;
- Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and
the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that strives to be
independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to
excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and
in the future.
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering
clinically superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients
get back to the things that matter. We are committed to creating
the next generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will
address our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the
use of opioids while helping patients move from surgery to
recovery. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop,
manufacture and market recognized brands in more than 90 countries.
Avanos Medical is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the
ticker symbol AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com.
You will be a member of the R&D Project Management Office
team that supports the design and development of innovative medical
devices. The Project Leader will play a key role in the development
of medical devices for digestive health, respiratory health, or
pain management by leading cross-functional project teams. Key
responsibilities are to manage schedules / financials, to ensure
project complies with stage-gate and quality systems guidelines,
and to ensure that stakeholder / user needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on project management of product development projects
from requirements definition through commercialization, identifying
schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation
plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal resources, ensuring projects remain within
scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project
staff from various functional departments including marketing,
quality, clinical, regulatory, design, human factors, packaging,
process development, procurement, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate
stakeholders, effectively communicating with all levels of the
organization, providing frequent contact on project status and
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope,
timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline
project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate
management channels as needed-escalating issues as necessary based
on project work plans
- BS or advanced degree in engineering such as Electrical,
Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering or other related technical
discipline with 2+ years experience including project management of
related medical devices; regulated medical device experience highly
- Experience successfully leading projects in a stage-gate design
- Experience with new product requirements through Voice of
Customer, assessing value of new product opportunities and
communicating to leadership.
- Strong and broad skills using the tools and technique of
project management (WBS, risk register, issues log, budget
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive execution and
accountability to ensure on time delivery of key project
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and
verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Must be adept at planning, interpersonal skills, conflict
resolution, and organizing teamwork.
- Ability to travel up to 25% at times, potentially some
- Familiarity with tools and techniques used for concept
engineering, and quality systems strongly desired.
- Prior product development experience in medical devices
- PMP and/or Six Sigma Certification strongly desired.
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you are a current employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions
and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the
lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others
begins with our employees - through a comprehensive and competitive
range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary - our Total
Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee;
your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life
Avanos offers a generous 401(k) employer match of 100% of each
pretax dollar you contribute on the first 4% and 50% of the next 2%
of pay contributed with immediate vesting.
free onsite gym | onsite cafeteria | benefits on day 1 |
uncapped sales commissions | HQ region voted 'best place to live'
by USA Today
Keywords: Avanos Medical, Inc., Alpharetta , Project Manager, Engineering - Medical Device (3103), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!