Senior Director, Finance
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Senior Director, Finance
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Aptean is changing. Our ERP solutions are transforming a huge
range of global businesses, from food producers to manufacturers.
In a world of generic enterprise software, we provide targeted
solutions that bring together the very best technology and drive
greater results. With over 2,400 employees, 50 different products
and a global client base, there's no better time to advance your
career at Aptean.
Are you ready for what's next, now? We are! If being part of a
dynamic, high growth organization excites you and you are eager to
learn and grow, then this opportunity is for you! Our fast-paced
environment and dynamic global Finance/Accounting department is
eager for a mover and shaker to step into this role and become an
integral part of our team.
About the role
Senior Director, Finance leads a global Mergers & Acquisitions
team. Supervising a team of finance and accounting experts on
different levels, Senior Director of Finance is responsible for
ensuring smooth and timely completion of a number of pre- and post
- acquisition processes as well as seamless integration of
financial functions of acquired companies.
You will also:
Execution of M&A functions
- Lead all aspects of the finance integration which includes
quote to cash, banking and expenditure, and Financial Reporting and
Taxes processes across Aptean's global footprint.
- Engage with functional teams through the M&A process and
ensure deliverables are on time and consistent with the acquisition
- Assist in the execution of business initiatives during
integration/transition period to ensure achievement of financial
goals and leading indicators
- Experience in designing, structuring, and implementing new
financial and operational policies in support of new operational
structures or challenges
- Analyze target company historical data and ensure it is
uploaded to identify historical and projected financial and
operating trends, and plan risk mitigation.
Planning for M&A functions
- Build integrations plan templates that can create repeatable
- Contribute to the foundation for institutional knowledge and
scalability of FAI at Aptean through the development of the FAI
- Validate finance functional post-acquisition
integration-related accounting processes with an emphasis on the
revenue, billing, collections, etc. of acquired companies
- Manage projects (smart sheet), action items, and creation of
process documentation and training materials
- Meet with key stakeholders to determine task status, plan
- Lead program readout to finance cross-functional and M&A,
Corp Dev teams
- Manage project updates and internal communication within the
organization and represent in cross-functional meetings
Partner with Finance and other cross-functional teams:
- Collaborate with finance acquisition partners (Tax, Treasury,
Accounting, FP&A, etc.) and other functions (HR, Corp Dev,
Legal, Sales, etc.) to develop the acquisition integration strategy
and tactical finance process and system migrations.
- Work closely with all relevant financial functions to build and
execute integration plans
- Partner with management and staff of acquired businesses to
execute integration plan and achieve financial targets during
Measure achievement of acquisitions
- Measure the achievement of specific financial measures and
leading indicators throughout the integration/transition
- Hire, train, coach, and evaluate the performance of acquisition
F&A integration program leads.
- Assign managers and accountants to acquired entities
considering balance, language and complexity
- Determine best use of contract help and manage their use
- Determine best use of the COE and manage its use
Typically requires a minimum of 19 years of related experience
with a Bachelor's degree; or 16 years and a Master's degree; or a
PhD with 13 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical
range of experience is 19+ years.
Skills and Abilities
- A strong understanding of the merger and acquisition process
- Experience integrating Finance activities from acquired
- Understanding of the acquisition process and corporate
processes related to acquisitions
- An understanding of the legal and financial obligations of
typical transactions and how those agreements will drive the needs
from the business and timing of activities
- The ability to work effectively in varying time-zones and
cultures. Acquisitions occur globally with recent activity focused
- Proven analytical and project management skills.
- Logical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and
interpersonal skills required. Experience working with Executive
Teams in a senior financial role required
- Ability to motivate team to produce quality materials within
tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and
meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to adapt leadership
style to different situations and people as well as to a complex
If you share our mindset, you can share in our success. To find
out more about joining Aptean, get in touch today.
Learn from our differences. Celebrate our diversity. Grow and
Aptean pledges to promote a company culture where diversity,
equity and inclusion are central. We are committed to applying this
principle as we interact with our customers, build our teams,
cultivate our leaders and shape a company in which any employee can
succeed, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, sexuality
and gender identity, religion, disability, age, status as a
protected veteran or any other group status protected by law.
Celebrating our diverse experiences, opinions and beliefs allows us
to embrace what makes us unique and to use this as an asset in
bringing innovative solutions to our customer base.
"At Aptean, our global and diverse employee base is our greatest
asset. It is through embracing and understanding our differences
that we are able to harness our individual power to maximize the
success of our customers, our employees and our company." - TVN
Keywords: Aptean, Alpharetta , Senior Director, Finance, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!