Technology Delivery Manager
Company: Co-Op Financial Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are seeking a talented Technology Delivery Manager to focus
on maintaining client satisfaction with CO-OP's technology and
services through managing project delivery, run support
deliverables and fixes, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking
and helping lead the team responsible for getting projects and tech
support delivered to our internal clients and Credit Unions. This
role is responsible for coordinating program alignment between
Product, Architecture, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and IT BAs and
manage the Epic and Feature backlog to be completed across scrum
This role requires someone who can keep a positive maintain an
engaging relationship with business/product, adhere to delivery
expectations, lead team(s), stay organized, manage conflict and use
creativity to find ways to continuously improve delivery
effectiveness in a fast-paced environment. The person in this
position partners closely with other technology leaders within
ET&S and the stakeholders of the Product and business team. It
is essential to ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and
enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed high quality
expectations with a "people helping people" cultural approach in
line with the CO-OP Values.
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent
across the country and the person in this position will be able to
continue working remotely even after we transition back into our
physical office locations.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this
position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we
transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this
person to work in the physical office.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this
position is expected to work in our physical office location. As
stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our
employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their
What You Can Look Forward to
- As a Delivery Manager you will manage one or more agile
projects, typically to deliver a specific product or application or
enhancements via a multi-disciplinary agile team. - 50%
- Lead the design, development and implementation of all Project
technology build & support deliverables involving quality plans,
estimates, resource assignment and status reports within time,
budget and specification constraints.
- Be mindful of standards & best practices within the
Development, Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst
practice(s) and ensure that they are being leveraged within the
Project Technology team.
- Oversee dependencies for complex projects spanning multiple
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business
partners and project managers to understand appropriate project
needs and requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced
business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
- Understand the impact of project on both business and
- You will be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down
barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and
getting into the detail to make things happen.
- Defining project needs and feeding these into the PMO/portfolio
process will enable resource to be appropriately allocated.
- Oversee the technology execution across all areas to ensure
business outcomes are delivered with application of strong
Organization, Communication, & Leadership qualities
- In partnership with architecture and leadership, shepherd
execution on technical vision, standards, & best practices to
ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Manages epics and features' backlog and assigns out features to
individual Agile Teams, as applicable
- Coordinates across Team Leads to ensure stories are created
with the right technical functionality
- Create executive status reporting and escalate impediments,
manage risk, help assure value delivery, and help drive continuous
Act as an advocate of technical direction & designated best
practices at a project execution level
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile
project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently -
- Work with the PMO and Business/Product team to ensure we stay
aligned to the Project roadmap for any given
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums and Product Owner Sync
- Work with the BAs and review that the project translate into
epics, features and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritizing
the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability
of the team
- Participate in Daily Stand-up, Planning, Review and
Retrospective meetings & provide constant feedback effectively
- Ensure all products/applications are built to an appropriate
level of quality for Dev, Beta and Production
- Ensure that the team resources are utilized 100% for the
sprints & cycles
- Ensure resources have a full understanding of work effort,
timelines and expectations.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team from Delivery
- Work closely with the team members on delivery issues/concerns
and handle them appropriately
- Stay closer to the project and team on their day to day
activities & deliverables
- Ensure that the team & delivery issues/concerns are handled
Keeping the project/enhancement pipeline ready for the team to
handle changes and delays
- Builds strong internal and external partnerships. - 5%
- Champion Company values while establishing and maintaining open
communications with team members:
- Give honest and timely feedback.
- Conduct standard project meetings.
- Listen to multi-disciplinary agile team members needs.
- Create an atmosphere of trust,
Build and maintain technology and business/client
- Actively supports CO-OP's strategic future, culture and
leadership practices. - 5%
- Identifies development Opportunities and works with manager to
establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly
coaching sessions with manager.
Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected
progress on learning plan. - 5%
Maintain professional contacts through professional
organizations to remain current in the field.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science
or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Expert technical knowledge in software development
methodologies, design and implementation.
- Good to excellent understanding of entire development process,
including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- 7+ years' plus management experience.
- 7+ years' experience as a leader, trainer and coach.
- 3+ years' technology delivery experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall software
- Experience in web applications using .NET, SQL Server, HTML;
- Understanding of core business processes is a plus.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and/or Microsoft Visual Studio
Team Services is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels and
in all areas of the organization.
- Expert skills in leadership and customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an
ability to express and document complex technical concepts in
- Person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in
writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, and
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and
internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Excellent team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team
- Ability to evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily
liaise between Technology & other departments.
- Ability to become knowledgeable about core business functions,
processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas &
- Strong communication & relationship building skills to be able
to act as an effective liaison between business & Technology.
- Strong critical/analytical thinking & problem-solving
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent priorities
under time constraints.
- Ability to foster a collaborative & continuous
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60
million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free
ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast
technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion
transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to
deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Co-Op Financial Services, Alpharetta , Technology Delivery Manager, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!