What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest
strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in
the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our
competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do
business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are
looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live
the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from
This position will be responsible for the resolution of claims
of low to moderate complexity and exposure. The position will have
responsibility for decision making within their authority and work
under general direction from their manager.
- Confirms coverage of claims by reviewing policies and documents
submitted in support of claims
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss
facts and extent of damages
- Directs and monitors assignments to experts and outside
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to
determine the extent of insured's exposure
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations
concerning reserve changes to manager
- Negotiates and settles claims either directly or
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information
- Adheres to Fair Claims Practices regulations
- Participates in special projects or assists other team members
- Travel to mediations, trials, and conferences as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have or be eligible to receive claims adjuster
- Successful completion of basic insurance courses or achievement
of industry designations (INS, IEA, AIC, ARM, SCLA, CPCU)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of claims handling experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of insurance industry or claims handling
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel,
Outlook, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong desire for continuous improvement
Please note: Markel has a phased approach for re-entry into our
buildings that is designed to balance the ongoing health, safety,
and well-being of our employees with operational considerations and
regulatory/ governmental requirements and recommendations. Remote
working is still the preferred method of working for most positions
at this time. Effective 6/1/21 we will implement a return to work
strategy that allows for three days in the office every other week.
We will update with further developments.
"Why work for us?"
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that
diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing
people's differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation.
We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate
around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the
world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back
is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this
philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our
open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as
they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and
global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the
Markel Style-some of our best ideas start from a conversation
between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a
better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates
proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further
success to Markel.