Operations Spec.-Employee Benefits (Must Be Licensed Life, Health)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Licensed Agents Only please (License: Life,
Health, Sickness/Accident - any state).
The Operations Specialist is responsible for providing
day-to-day benefits administration, education and platform support
to clients by troubleshooting system administration issues with
relevant parties to ensure timely resolution. The Operations
Specialist will assist with virtual open enrollment education, as
well as, facilitate the resolution ofhealth plan related matters on
behalf of plan participants as requested. Maintain
familiarity with all Decisely recruit-to-retirement services and
program offerings including, but not limited to, group benefit
plans, recruiter, onboarding and retirement solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and handle all incoming calls from the client call, chat
and email queues and provide prompt responses to
- Troubleshoot all level one application support issues.
Analyze root causes of technology systems malfunctions and provide
resolutions. Escalate cases to level two application support
- Track client inquiries and activity in our internal technology
solution for accurate reporting.
- Operates in compliance with HIPAA.
- Maintains basic knowledge of the Affordable Care Act and other
regulatory health plan requirements including but not limited to
COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of trust and confidence
with clients by serving as a knowledgeable resource and providing
accurate and timely responses to client inquiries.
- Interface with clients, business development, client engagement
and other team members to fully understand client needs and service
- Assists with clients open enrollment, including but not limited
to providing applicable benefits materials upon request.
Manage open support related internal cases to ensure prompt
resolution and follow-up.
- Ensure expert knowledge is maintained and prepares resource
information for clients to continually keep informed of benefit
trends, State and Federal legislation, rules and regulations.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure all goals
- Maintain cordial and effective relationships with clients,
co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication
skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and
guidance as needed to achieve business goals.
- Stay informed regarding industry information, new
product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to
continuously improve knowledge and performance;
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Full knowledge of employee benefit plans including medical
(including Medical Essential Coverage plans), dental, vision, life,
disability, voluntary worksite plans and services.
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities.
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and
without direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team
environment as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and
- Highly organized and process driven; he/she can manage a
multitude of requests, details and follow-ups.
- Demonstrated experience with Agency Management Systems and/or
Client Relationship Management Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as
various Microsoft Office programs to include Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, OneNote & Excel.
- An inquisitive nature, always pressing to know more and
understand more about the client and his/her needs.
- Strong analytical skills enabling one to gather data and
present it in a clear and understandable method to the receiving
- Must be technology savvy, having a curiosity
and propensity to learn more about computers, software and other
tools that make business more effective and productive.
- SaaS technology support experience, preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience related to our industry,
including insurance, benefits, human resources, broker/agency,
- College degree and any other professional designations are
- Benefits administration and/or client management experience
- Life and Health License required.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office
computer software applications to include word processing,
spreadsheets, database, and presentation software;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with
demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations;
- Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise,
tact, and diplomacy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to
travel independently to clients; some air travel may be
Work Environment and Environmental
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to
Keywords: Decisely, Alpharetta , Operations Spec.-Employee Benefits (Must Be Licensed Life, Health), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!