Underwriting - Systems Analyst
Company: IFG Companies
Posted on: June 6, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
IFG Companies is a values-driven, privately-held nationwide
commercial insurance provider. We provide an inspired, highly
collaborative and inclusive work environment, where employees can
take ownership of their work and are recognized and valued for
their contributions. Flat hierarchies and easy communication with
all levels throughout the organization makes IFG especially
attractive to anyone who seeks to actively contribute and who wants
his/her ideas to be heard.
We are proud to have a presence across the country in seven
locations and to employ over 200 employees. IFG is a very fast
growing organization and we are pleased to offer competitive
compensation and benefits packages including paid parental leave,
401(k), short-term and long-term disability insurance, life
insurance, ID theft protection, long-term care, education
assistance and generous paid time off, including your birthday!
IFG Companies emphasizes strong, long-term underwriting
performance, sound capitalization, conservative management and a
focused niche operating strategy. As a result of this focus and
reflecting the IFG Companies' historic financial performance, all
insurance company affiliates of IFG Companies have an "A" rating
from the A. M. Best Company.
We are looking for somebody to work with the Bind Underwriting
Director on underwriting system requirements including testing,
functionality, underwriting controls and technical support. If you
are an enthusiastic, ambitious, dedicated and driven individual
with information technology experience, we would like to meet
- Support daily inquiries from Underwriting System users.
- Assist Underwriting Director in the development and drafting of
system requirements including the development of documentation
- Analyze system output in UAT environment to ensure system
performs as outlined in system requirements.
- Assist Underwriting Director in training Users along with
assisting in drafting system instruction manuals.
- Assist Underwriting Director in coordinating and monitoring of
- Assist Underwriting Director in cataloging system
- Assist Underwriting Director in auditing underwriting files for
risk quality and authority compliance
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision making
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to function in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in IT technical
- Minimum of three years IT/ Business Systems/Quality Assurance
- Insurance or Finance experience preferred.
- Physical demands are considered to be that of an office
environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion.
This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a
computer and interactions with others in meetings or via
- Occasional travel may be required
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending,
short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance,
long-term care, education assistance and paid time off, including
paid parental leave and a birthday holiday.
IFG Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Keywords: IFG Companies, Alpharetta , Underwriting - Systems Analyst, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!