Senior Water Resources Engineer - Water + Environment Market
Company: Gresham, Smith and Partners
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Our water + environment team develops technical and strategic
solutions that keep the community healthy and resilient-with a
right-sized, responsive approach.
- Independently create detailed designs, plans, specifications
and estimates for pipelines, pump stations, treatment plants, tanks
and other water and wastewater storage, treatment, and conveyance
systems. More specific responsibilities include engineering/process
design, preparing design calculations for hydraulics, treatment
processes, pumping systems, etc.
- Provide project coordination, determine and write engineering
specifications, plan work, establish appropriate design methods,
coordinate and prepare reports, size and select equipment, and work
directly with the owner.
- Serve as the Engineer of Record on projects and may manage
smaller or task order based projects.
- Conduct quality control reviews of completed designs.
- Will be viewed as a technical expert with recognized authority
in area of water and wastewater systems.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil, Mechanical, or Environmental
- Minimum of 10 -15 years experience with municipal water and
wastewater systems planning and design.
- Georgia Professional (P.E.) licensure is required.
- Georgia Erosion and Sedimentation Level II certification
- Experience leading projects/tasks including preparing for
meetings, workshops, and public presentations strongly
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high quality reports and
technical memoranda; preparation and sealing design plans and
- Strong technical background and experience in designing water
and wastewater utility systems, pipelines, pump stations, and
treatment plants. Asset management experience is a plus.
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Office, and preferably hydraulic
modeling software such as Infowater and Infoworks ICM. Process
modeling such as Biowin or GPSX is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of CADD platform required to develop
quality construction documents, but candidate will not be required
to perform CADD.
- Project Management experience is ideal; design team leadership
- Business development experience is preferred.
Gresham Smith is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Gresham Smith provides equal employment opportunities to applicants
and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran,
disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from
recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or
employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM SMITH PLACEMENT SERVICES
AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for
either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or
agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed
PSA, Gresham Smith explicitly reserves the right to recruit and
hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any
financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any
such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to Gresham Smith's hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of Gresham Smith upon
Keywords: Gresham, Smith and Partners, Alpharetta , Senior Water Resources Engineer - Water + Environment Market, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!