Analyst, Corporate Development
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Aptean is changing. Our ERP solutions are transforming a huge
range of global businesses, from food producers to manufacturers.
In a world of generic enterprise software, we provide targeted
solutions that bring together the very best technology and drive
greater results. With over 2,400 employees, 50 different products
and a global client base, there's no better time to advance your
career at Aptean.
We're developing best-in-class solutions and delivering
About the role
The Analyst, Corporate Development will be part of Aptean's
global Mergers & Acquisitions team who have helped acquire over 30
businesses around the world in the last 5 years. The position
offers the opportunity to work alongside the Corporate Development
(M&A) and M&A Operations (Integration) teams with
additional exposure to business functions and executive leadership
across Aptean. The role is very well suited for candidates looking
to pursue a career in corporate M&A. The primary focus of the
role will be assistance on integration projects, specifically
aligning pre and post-acquisition financial and business operations
analyses as part of the Corporate Development team - strong
financial background is required. The role provides a strong
opportunity for the right candidate to grow into more direct
M&A focused activities (target sourcing, deal modelling, due
In this role you will:
- Use Excel and other tools / systems to analyze data and
document business concepts from acquired companies.
- Work with acquired companies to provide management reporting of
key results prior to the implementation into Aptean Systems and
- Work with key stakeholders at Aptean (including the executive
team) to understand and assess post acquisition results
- Understand the data structure of Aptean systems and the
interdependencies between data in order to map and migrate data
from foreign systems.
- Troubleshoot and assist with integration implementation issues
related to systems and process.
- Work collaboratively with business areas to communicate
business needs, coordinate project efforts, and help implement
- Help prepare and present internal reports and analyses for
Aptean's ownership group (well-known software PE investors)
To be successful here, you'll need to have:
- Knowledge of business principles
- Understanding of computer systems and databases
- Strong oral and written communication and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Process-oriented mindset
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with a database (MS Access, MS SQL) is an
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Range of experience is at least 2 years. Internship or summer
experience in a professional environment preferred.
If you share our mindset, you can share in our success. To find
out more about joining Aptean, get in touch today.
Aptean pledges to promote a company culture where diversity,
equity and inclusion are central. We are committed to applying this
principle as we interact with our customers, build our teams,
cultivate our leaders and shape a company in which any employee can
succeed, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, sexuality
and gender identity, religion, disability, age, status as a
protected veteran or any other group status protected by law.
Celebrating our diverse experiences, opinions and beliefs allows us
to embrace what makes us unique and to use this as an asset in
bringing innovative solutions to our customer base.
"At Aptean, our global and diverse employee base is our greatest
asset. It is through embracing and understanding our differences
that we are able to harness our individual power to maximize the
success of our customers, our employees and our company." - TVN
Learn from our differences. Celebrate our diversity. Grow and