Account Manager - Underwriting Assistant - Financial Institutions
Company: The Travelers Companies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This individual is recognized as competent in all phases of the
following areas: Business Unit Specific Product lines and coverage.
Knowledge of underwriting support processes/procedures/workflow.
Awareness of local Business Unit Strategy. Travelers'
applications/systems. Rating/pricing methodologies and tools. In
addition: Manages relationships with Account Executives, agents,
Managing General Agents (MGAs), as well as peers and business
partners. May include agency visits. Actively participates in
meetings. Negotiates and resolves conflicting priorities.
Responsible for managing assigned work.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with Account Executives/Underwriters to establish
support needs for renewals and/or new business policies (i.e.,
identify/gather relevant account information to quote and/or bind
the policy; create exhibits, etc.).
- Prepares documents and participate in pre-renewal
- Prepares underwriting/pricing exhibits (i.e., exposures,
experience rating, profit and loss analysis, expense models,
updated account information, etc.).
- Manages account documentation (i.e., proposals, agreement
letters, reinsurance contracts, collateral agreements, policy
change, endorsements, cancellations, etc.).
- Ensures accurate and timely servicing and billing of
- Communicates with brokers/agencies, MGAs, and internal
departments. (i.e., researches and resolves issues, responds to
inquiries and questions).
- Quotes accounts by reviewing exposures and experience rating,
updating account information, rates and adjusts the price, as
- May complete renewals based on formal guidelines, commonly
referred to as "Letter of Authority."
- Provides information for regulatory compliance (i.e., statutory
filings, proof of insurance, certificates).
- Participates in projects/assignments as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or one year of work experience
- Basic software skills required (Windows MS Office).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Two or more years insurance experience related to rate, quote,
and issuance of P&C Insurance is preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates all necessary technical skills needed to perform
- Demonstrates ability to seek to broaden knowledge &
- Customer Service
- Demonstrates ability to act promptly in difficult
situation--acts with a sense of urgency.
- Able to take responsibility.
Driving For Results
- Able to meet standards set by manager and able to set high
standards for self.
- Able to take the steps necessary to improve personal and team
- Demonstrates ability to break down problems.
- Able to understand basic relationships of activities
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge to solve issues and is
able to break down complex tasks.
- Able to be decisive in all situations.
- Able to think to the future (4 months ahead) to identify or
eliminate potential issues in renewal account workflow.
- Actively attempts to influence events to achieve goals.
Teamwork & Cooperation
- Demonstrates the ability to positively reinforce team
members--enhances camaraderie among team.
- Able to genuinely value and digest others' input and willing to
learn from others.
- Demonstrates ability to speak clearly and expresses self well
in groups and one on one conversations.
- Able to use examples to make point.
- Able to actively engage others.
- Able to explain reasons for decisions or actions in depth.
- Demonstrates ability to apply guidelines appropriately.
- Able to adapt in a variety of situations. Also understands the
best approach to take for various situations. Able to adapt rapidly
- Demonstrates ability to perform in a business professional
manner with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates the ability and drive to seek development
- Is able to take complete ownership for role
- Able to function independently.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to rapid change and cope
effectively with change.
- Demonstrates ability to plan ahead for peak volume
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Alpharetta , Account Manager - Underwriting Assistant - Financial Institutions, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!