Senior Actuarial Analyst
Company: Axis Capital Holdings
Posted on: June 8, 2021
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital - a trusted global
provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand
apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking
and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also
proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical
corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is
among the best in the industry.
The property pricing team of AXIS Insurance has responsibility
for the following:
- Working closely with underwriters to develop rating models and
methods, communicating and explaining the output from pricing
tools, and reviewing the pricing and structure of individual deals
(usually larger and/or more unusual risks).
- Align the pricing process with improved capture and modelling
of policy exposures to assess aggregations of risk and better
inform the technical rating process.
- Conducting detailed segmental reviews within classes of
business to objectively assess profitability; provide
evidence-based conclusions and recommendations for strategic
changes, underwriting actions and portfolio optimization.
- Monitoring the execution of underwriting changes and assessing
the impact of these on the account's profile and emerging claims
- Maintain the feedback loop and provision of information and
analysis between the pricing, reserving and business planning
- Quantify the technical adequacy of rates required to meet
returns on capital.
- Evaluating the impact of market conditions and rate change.
Analysis and research into the rating environment and market
behavior within key business lines.
- Input into the business planning process for the AXIS Group and
legal entities - primarily to determine gross of reinsurance loss
picks, but also to inform assumptions around the efficacy of, and
recoverability from, different outwards reinsurance program
- Work with capital modelling team to improve underwriting risk
parameterization and methodology used in capital model.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a General Insurance actuarial
role; consultancy or company. Property background
- Student member of the Casualty Actuarial Society or equivalent
- Excellent academic track record in actuarial exams, mathematics
or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to
establish credibility with senior underwriters, business unit
leaders and divisional leadership.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and diligence.
- Self-starter, proactive and a quick learner with strong
numeracy skills. Willing to question and investigate.
- Reasonable understanding of the standard reserving and pricing
methods used in property insurance, how the market operates and the
key issues and trends.
- Keen to further technical and market knowledge through own
research and CPD.
- Competent user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Programming skills
in automation, database management and statistical packages will be
a strong advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of work - technically sound, well thought-through, and
free from errors.
- Trust and respect of peers, senior actuarial colleagues and
- Timeliness of delivery and appropriate prioritizing of
- Innovation - identification of new methods and opportunities to
improve systems, actuarial analysis and processes.
- Passing of actuarial examinations.
Keywords: Axis Capital Holdings, Alpharetta , Senior Actuarial Analyst, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!