VP, Marketing & Brand Strategy
Company: Co-Op Financial Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are seeking a talented VP, Marketing and Brand Strategy to be
responsible for setting and executing the holistic marketing and
brand strategy for CO-OP Financial Services, a payments and
financial technology company created by and for credit unions. This
role will serve as the lead strategist, ideator, insights
synthesizer, messaging creator, differentiator and overall leader
of the marketing team reporting to the EVP, Chief Experience
This role will work closely with other leaders of the
Marketing/Experience department as well as Strategy, Product and
Sales leadership in order to effectively build and execute an
enterprise marketing strategy that achieves company-wide growth
goals. The incumbent leads the development of the marketing and
brand strategy for the company to create company awareness to both
internal and external groups. The position is directly responsible
for Brand Messaging, Content, THINK, Brand Governance and Paid
Media Strategy and Demand Generation.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Act as supervisor to direct reports ranging from Manager to VP
- Perform annual performance reviews.
- Interact on a daily basis to inform decisions and set strategic
direction based on each function.
- Display strong leadership skills in order to lead team to
success in achieving both marketing and company-wide goals.
- Able to inspire and motivate teams and individuals, and able to
identify attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Research, develop strategy and execute integrated marketing
plans to drive client awareness across all marketing channels.
- Work with across Comms, Marketing and Experience functions to
develop cohesive GTM strategy and ensure that the right message is
being distributed across all channels to move audiences up the path
- Conduct and direct integration of market and industry research
to gain insights and trends related to the industry.
- Create holistic messaging strategy for the org: internal and
external, to reinforce new product and strategy direction building
the brand and the pipeline for the enterprise.
- Stay abreast of marketing innovation, media trends, and
competitors to differentiate CO-OP and help the organization
- Innovate and build - create new excitement and bold engagement
opportunities for the brand.
- Control and monitor budget allocated to marketing and brand
- Set and achieve KPIs and tie to economic performance in concert
with VPs and SVPs across Sales org and Product organization.
- Set marketing messaging by deeply understanding CO-OP, the
payments industry and our audience of credit unions and unique
personas by synthesizing product releases, market insights and
competitive differentiation to help the company break through
market noise and create clarity and purpose around the brand.
- Oversee the activities of the Director of Content Management,
aggregate rolled up product story lines from individual products
and connect to client outcomes and overall brand story.
- Develop and execute content marketing and media strategy in
order to maintain CO-OP's position as the leading industry thought
- Lead quarterly cross-functional editorial board to create story
angles and themes that pay off outcome-based messaging to
- Determine the appropriate marketing channels in concert with
the VP of Demand Gen, used to convey company messaging including
all forms of paid/owned/earned media, direct marketing, sales
enablement, content marketing, events and owned channels.
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing strategy for new
and existing products to ensure products are successfully launched
to the market.
- Set performance metrics and achieve them.
Brand Management and Governance
- Set and Manage ongoing brand governance including verbal,
visual and logo guidelines for B2B and Consumer brand family.
- Oversee Experiential Marketing and Industry Relations
- Understand key industry organizations and stakeholders to build
strong relationships and corporate presence. Work with VP of
Experiential Marketing and Events.
Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Understand the products and services offering and approach of
key competitors; communicate products and services differentiation
to sales and provides input to senior leadership.
- Participate in situational planning - investigating consumer,
credit union, payments, competitive and other relevant trends to
drive ongoing marketing direction.
- Lead research partners (EY, Accenture, Mercator, Aite, etc.) to
develop insights that drive messaging, premium content development
- Manage brand research benchmarking.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and mentor marketing team members, ensuring that the
Department is staffed with highly motivated and skilled
professionals who will contribute to the company's overall
- Establish positive working relationships and trust with other
senior and executive leaders within the organization.
- Actively supports and embraces our core values of Work as
Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence
and Champion Change in all interactions.
- Act as leader of those reporting to you as well as peer groups
by setting strategy and direction for executing against marketing
and company-wide goals as well as leading and developing a team of
- Work cross-departmentally with leaders of other departments
including, but not limited to, product and sales to achieve shared
VP and Above Expectations within CO-OP's CMX Organization
- Critical thought on area of ownership, generating new thinking
on strategies to better achieve goals (marketing, communications or
- Anticipate what's next and document in a connected business
plan with the ability and acumen to defend why that that approach
is on strategy.
- Anticipate where your plans intersect with CMX teammates and
other interconnected/impacted functional areas with enough time to
properly plan to execute well.
- Acumen to document plans, business cases and communicate them
to peers and C-level executives.
- Translate and operationalize strategic plans into tactical
execution plans that bring the work to fruition in the manner that
was expected. Work with Experience Operations to budget and slate
- Each leader holds their own and participate equally.
- Team leaders have the ability to make choices about unplanned
work or requests that come to CMX based on how that work achieves
or does not achieve Marketing, Communications or CX goals.
- Manage budget for area of ownership
- Manage time wisely and make suggestions to improve time
- Guide and coach teams to learn to do 1-9 and create coaching
plans to build strength at all levels.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, or related field plus 8 - 10
years related experience or equivalent training and/or
- Minimum 12-15 years relevant work experience required.
- 8-10 years minimum of management experience.
- Proven marketing and leadership experience.
- Absolute mastery in marketing strategy development and
execution across all channels: digital, print, direct, social, and
other emerging channels.
- Strong knowledge of product marketing, content marketing, media
and sales enablement fundamentals and strategies.
- Digital marketing and marketing technologist, strong
understanding of email marketing.
- Must be well knowledgeable of brand strategy and
- Strong understanding of B2B, B2C and B2B2C marketing
- Skilled specifically at developing integrated product marketing
strategies for complex product sets.
- Adept in all areas of content marketing, including strong
understanding of the capabilities and role of marketing automation
(Marketo and/or Pardot), social media, monitoring and measurement,
SEO and more.
- Outstanding written & verbal communications skills as well as
strong presentation skills.
- Ability to make quick, accurate decisions on a frequent basis,
remain flexible and able to react quickly to change.
- Demonstrated success building organizational capabilities
through process design, organizational development, recruiting and
training and a hands-on leadership style.
- Collaborative in working with colleagues and vendors.
Exceptional collaborator and influencer - ability to engage with
multiple stakeholders (marketing leads, sales, merchant points of
contact, operations, finance, growth, product, senior management)
and quickly build relationships needed to accomplish program
- Skilled at conflict resolution and negotiation, able to set
clear expectations and demand high performance for self and
- Ability to develop, clearly articulate, and sell complex
marketing plans. Strong analytical skills - up front modeling, as
well as back-end tracking and reporting.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a structured yet adaptable
work-style - able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
while having a focus on quality, and good attention to detail.
- Adept in online and traditional marketing, and highly skilled
in visual communications.
- Must be a nimble, creative and innovative thinker, adept in all
areas of engagement, digital, content, demand generation and brand
with deep experience understanding how strategic, integrated
marketing can drive financial growth for an organization.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with others.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, flexible, high-growth
- Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Agency and/or start-up experience helpful.
- Experience in credit union or financial technology industry
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60
million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free
ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast
technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion
transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to
deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Co-Op Financial Services, Alpharetta , VP, Marketing & Brand Strategy, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!