The GTP is a data-centric platform supporting EY Tax services.
Our data strategy is to accept client data from any source,
organize it, and deliver planning, accounting for income taxes,
compliance and controversy services across the globe.
The purpose of the role, and the combined contributions of the
roles of this team, is to serve the aggregate technology needs of a
Tax Service Line and its products including building relationships
with assigned practice areas and the various product sponsors
within them, technical tax professionals, internal technology
professionals, external clients and third party software vendors.
This position will typically support a larger proportion of more
complex, more costly, more risk sensitive applications providing
functional support including product management, operations
management and business analysis. The Senior Manager will typically
be assigned responsibilities for broadly used enterprise tools, but
may also be responsible for an additional volume of smaller anchor
or service line wide products.
The immediate role is to serve as the Product Owner for the
'Gather' capability for GTP. The Gather capability will:
- Efficiently gather client data in the platform via:
a. Manual file upload
b. Automated file transfer
c. Web-based forms (e.g., survey/questionnaire)
d. Direct client system query
- Align the data that is collected with other key capabilities
with GTP, including:
a. Information Request Management
b. Common Data Model
c. Master Data Management
d. Reporting & Analytics
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assist in managing applications & products throughout their
lifecycle, ensuring business relevance, adoption & continuous
improvement. Partially responsible for annual planning based on
roadmaps and the development of business cases in support of the
- Validates and prioritizes defects and enhancement requests
gathered by various client service and support network inputs for
- Schedule and prioritize work with product, project, and service
managers. Interpret and report status and metrics supplied by
product, project, and service managers.
- Help coordinate activities at all levels of the organization on
issues and matters related to the products, including managing
relationships with Global Tax Platform (GTP) business sponsors and
vendors to facilitate smooth development and implementation of
- Direct the continual upgrading of GTP products, procedures and
operating environments to maintain currency with technological
progress, economic change, and all business needs Constantly
monitors customer satisfaction
- Develop annual budgets and manage expenditures in order to
operate within approved budget guidelines
- Provides field communications regarding planned or unplanned
- Coordinates or delivers of training to Product Support Services
(PSS) team members on all new releases and updates to the
- Formulates test plans and strategies to coordinate/execute user
- Provides the necessary leadership and guidance to help team
members understand focus area strategies and knowledge needs
- Defines, builds, implements, and assists in operations of GTP
support model for tax technology tools. Analysis based revision
- Serves as an escalation point in the support model. Coordinates
technology operations issue resolution with customers, and with
product, project, and service managers
- Measures and reports on operational metrics of applications in
- Compiles product support documentation such as Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) lists and application training materials.
- Completes the Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Americas IT
(AIT) for all AIT hosted applications.
- Coordinates, leads, and distributes minutes for weekly
technology support meetings with Tax Technology Services (TTS),
PSS, Application Vendors and others that discuss current and
outstanding action items relating to the application.
- Monitors compliance of vendor and AIT service level
- The analyst may lead and perform primary and secondary research
of high complexity using general and specialty resources in
addition to interviewing business owners, external clients and
other stakeholders and provide leadership to colleagues in the
appropriate use of these sources.
- Reviews colleague's deliverables and advises on the development
of a distinctive points of view for the deliverable's key findings
or on bolstering key findings with more rigorous analysis.
- Provides the necessary leadership and guidance to help team
members understand focus area strategies and knowledge needs.
- Networks with EY tax practitioners to better understand and
meet customer needs and to raise awareness of how research and
analysis can support those needs.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting
solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to
o Product Management Function - Decisions are made around the
provision of leadership and vision that guides the service lines in
tax product selection, strategic direction, and operation while
making certain the best use of limited financial and human
o Operations Management Function - Decisions focus on
appropriate support levels and investments based on tool complexity
and user community needs.
o Business Analysis Function - Reconciles unstructured input
from the business into a tangible set of requirements that leads to
optimized business solutions. Reconciles varied inputs and makes a
single requirement that optimizes the benefit for all, (all
business users and technology).
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the
results from quality reviews.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- An understanding of ERP and Tax systems, data, and processes.
(i.e. record to report, order to cash, purchase to pay, tax
accounting, tax compliance).
- Areas of knowledge may include, but not limited to:
o Current versions of ERP systems such as SAP and/or Oracle
and/or tax systems such as OneSource Tax Provision, Longview
o Design implications, interface implications with ERP and Tax
o Configuration implications and processes
o Testing and go-live considerations
o ERP and Tax system interactions - modules utilized in
Order-to-Cash, purchase-to-pay, forecasting and budgeting
o Tax experiences, relationship to business processes,
bolt-on-modules, OneSource Tax Provision, Vertex etc.
o Reporting experiences, Data Warehouse, ERP reporting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Extraordinary interpersonal, communication skills, and client
- In depth Tax Domain knowledge, it's business, processes, and
- Deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of EY support, training and operating models and
- Ability to understand and learn tax law and technology
implications at a high level
- Excellent organizational and project management skills as well
as the ability to multitask on various projects in a fast-paced
- Ability to work and team effectively with clients and high
level leadership personnel as well as influence all team
- Knowledge of procurement policies driven by Independence
- Solid presentation and facilitator skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects, simultaneously, in a
- Ability to influence
- Ability to develop a budget and manage expenditure to that
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project
- Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization,
assignments, and reports to a pillar leader
- Responsible for training and standards for functional team
- Has direct responsibility for supervising personnel, (i.e.,
sets goals, assigns work, reviews performance, and conducts career
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting,
finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree preferred
- 10-15 years of experience managing aspects of Technology
applications or Service products Depending in Service Line
requirements, experience in any or all of the following are
o Business Analysis, Sales and Marketing, Business Development,
Project Systems Management. Relationship Management, Technical Help
Desk, Desktop Support, IT Project Management and Tax Technical,
Project Planning, Financial analysis, or Business Process
- 3+ years of SAFe Agile experience
- 2+ years of Product Owner experience
- Management experience a plus
- Certified Public Account (CPA) designation preferred but not
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected
basis, in accordance with applicable law.