Data Reporting Developer IV (SSRS Contract to Hire)
Company: Co-Op Financial Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are seeking a talented Data Reporting Developer IV to work
independently, provide guidance and training to other data
reporting developers, as well assist and lead strategic projects as
related to data reporting, data triage, master data management, and
other related data initiatives. The incumbent may also lead medium
to larger enterprise level data reporting projects, and provide
recommendations on building enterprise and client solutions that
drive value. The Data Reporting Developer IV closely partners with
business, operational teams and clients to meet the needs for data
and reporting in multiple platforms including recurring data
extracts, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and Tableau
data visualizations, as well lead the distribution strategy for
data and report delivery. Individual will need to be detail focused
and communicate well.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Collaborate with operations and business units to gain an
understanding of data needs and further translate those needs to
data and reporting requirements.
- Communicate to CO-OP senior level executives and clients CO-OPs
reporting strategy, solutions and roadmap.
- Provide oversight and guidance when required for less senior
data and report development staff members. Recommend training
opportunities to further advance individuals and the CO-OP
- Follow industry standards and advances on data driven
technologies and tools and further recommend those that will help
further advance CO-OPs data and reporting roadmap.
- Transform business and client data requirements into meaningful
data extracts, reports and data visualizations while meeting CO-OP
marketing and client user experience standards. Identify gaps and
recommend best practices where opportunities exists to streamline
or enhance business and client data and reporting needs.
- Develop SQL, T-SQL scripts, and SQL stored procedures for
various reporting and data development projects.
- Conduct reviews of peer data and reporting development to
ensure solutions meet PCI and other regulation standards, are built
for performance and meet development best practices.
- Develop enterprise and client level reporting solutions in
SSRS, Tableau Desktop Pro and Tableau Server, serving the needs
from operational to executive reporting.
- Design and create enterprise level report delivery solutions
within SSRS Report Server and Tableau Server that support both
CO-OPs internal needs as well as client needs.
- Document development efforts as required by CO-OP change
- Develop and design solutions with security as a critical design
requirement for data, systems, and applications. Ensure all
development work is reviewed by a senior peer.
Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team
Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to
help complete and deliver the team commitments.
Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit
of an Agile mindset.
Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with
emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations
and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in CIS, Data Management, Data Analytics, or similar, or
equivalent job experience.
- 10+ years' experience where primary responsibility involves
advanced enterprise and client facing report design and advanced
development in SSRS and Tableau. In addition, will have experience
leading medium size data driven or reporting projects and
consulting on large projects.
- Data development within a PCI environment.
- Ability to analyze enterprise level data sources and determine
relationships between those sources.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, T-SQL scripting languages.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server Data Tools, SSRS, MS Access, MS
Excel Power Pivot, and Tableau Desktop Pro (version 2018+).
- Expert Knowledge of SSRS Report Server platform (version
- Expert knowledge Tableau Server platform.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile methodologies and Jira.
- Expert knowledge of MS office tools Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio and Outlook.
- Expert knowledge of data query languages, reporting software
- Ability to utilize ODBC connection tools within tools such as
SSRS and Tableau to connect to a variety of data sources including
SQL database tables, Excel files, Oracle, MS Access databases.
- Ability to connect and join different data sources for the
purpose of creating impactful reporting in SSRS, Tableau and SQL
- Expect skill level with Tableau Desktop Pro including ability
to use calculations, parameters and table calculations in tandem.
In addition, expert knowledge of clustering, distributions,
forecasting, animation, sheet swapping, background images, actions
and advanced mapping features.
- Ability within SSRS to build advanced reports utilizing a data
set consisting of multiple data sources, data sets using joins,
recursive queries, report matrices, advanced parameters, textual
hierarchal reports and graphical and mapping reports.
- Ability to design reporting with performance at the forefront
by recommending database indexing solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot more complex data integrity issues
involving multiple data sources including 3rd party data, and
further analyze data for validity and completeness then document
findings with recommendations.
- Ability to configure report delivery solutions in both SSRS
Report Server and Tableau Server, including user administration
where platform is exposed externally to network.
- Ability to lead and consult others including both technical
resources and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate the
complex to simple and easier terms for business leaders and users
- 10+ years' experience as a report developer with 5+ years
working in financial or payments industry preferred.
- Certified Tableau Desktop Professional is a plus.
- Certified Tableau Server Professional is a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60
million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free
ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast
technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion
transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to
deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Co-Op Financial Services, Alpharetta , Data Reporting Developer IV (SSRS Contract to Hire), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!