Director, Product Innovation - Remote
Company: Co-Op Financial Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are seeking a talented Director, Product Innovation to
execute and manage new product build innovations which add
strategic value to CO-OP and Credit Union business. This is a role
with broad scope and fit for an individual comfortable with both
building strategy and driving execution. Responsibilities include
product research, product assessments, business case creation,
business requirements, operating model, product
positioning/commercialization, competitive analysis, product
integration, market launch, and ongoing product & innovation
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the
- Manages supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and
terminating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Skilled at understanding on how all products and applications
integrate in order to deliver an Integrated Solution.
- Market research and analysis skills, including sizing and
- Skilled at evaluation of business and product opportunities and
strategic product planning.
- Understand the Credit Union competitive ecosystem and their
- Define the model for measuring success for each prospective
segment and opportunity.
- Develops business plan, including business requirements, such
as product design and strategic fit, go-to-market strategy.
- Work with internal technical teams to analyze
interconnectedness of products/partners/technologies to create best
of breed products/services.
- End to end business development execution.
- Creating a strategy and plan to build out a pipeline for long
term innovations across the product landscape and Credit Union
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with
cross-functional stakeholders across product, technology,
engineering, marketing, legal and sales teams.
- Own and manage the product innovation lifecycle.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis as necessary to
assess opportunities, make decisions, and influence
- Prospecting and evaluating various leads to determine how they
might fit company goals.
- Provide regular communications to senior management on product
innovations, strategy and results.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree and minimum ten years of business development
and product experience, at least three years in a product
management role, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Professional background in strategic and tactical product
- Proven track record and experience in presentation skills to
both a large and small group.
- Proven track record of innovation and bringing successful
products from idea to market on time.
- Proven staff management skills in leading resources to a higher
and strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of strategic and product development
- Knowledge of strategic planning process.
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tenets.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, creation of budgets and
financial justification for product business decisions.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of financial services
industry, preferably credit unions and payments industry.
- Knowledge of different product pricing strategies.
- Knowledge of technical product management.
- Knowledge of research methodologies with a future facing
- Demonstrated track record working with product and marketing
teams to develop partnerships that deliver growth, benefits for
clients and brand positioning of COOP.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Accomplished presentation skills and comfort level in front of
- Experience negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex
issues and make thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and be highly productive in a
- Ability to drive a go-to-market and business/value model.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and a sense of
urgency around delivering on goals.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60
million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free
ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast
technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion
transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to
deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Co-Op Financial Services, Alpharetta , Director, Product Innovation - Remote, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!