Sr. Database Administrator (DBA)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Senior Database Engineer is responsible for orchestrating,
deploying, maintaining and scaling cloud scale infrastructure
targeting big data and platform data management (Relational and
NoSQL, distributed and converged) with emphasis on reliability,
automation and performance. The ideal candidate will focus on
developing complex ingest, curate and scale solutions and help
transform our platforms deliver data-driven, meaningful insights
and value to company stakeholders. This is accomplished in
collaboration with database administrators, developers, business
analysts and infrastructure engineers.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in all phases of a
projects life cycle. including definition of hardware and cloud
infrastructure needs, research and development within the project
life cycle, technical analysis and design.
Engineering of System Administration related solutions for
various project and operational needs.
- Automate software builds, configuration, and deployments to
testing and production environments. Develop monitoring, alerting
and telemetry strategies for data systems.
- Continually investigate methods to improve system reliability
and performance, provide input on capacity planning and high
availability, zero downtime maintenance and upgrade paths.
- Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as
- Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka and
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and
training to users, enforce and document database policies,
procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data
security, privacy and integrity.
- Bachelor's Degree (in IT desired)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- 2+ years of operational experience with Hadoop ecosystem
- Proficient with distributed systems and NoSQL databases,
- Strong experience with massively parallel processing and
columnar data systems.
- Exposure to building Infrastructure as code, Python and shell
- Experience with data warehousing and practical application of
the concepts on the job.
- Deep understanding and grasp of data movement, duplication and
replication and high availability strategies.
- Managing and moving data at scale (terabyte to petabyte or
higher) in geographically distributed multi-datacenter
- Managing stateful data systems with containerized applications
with a grasp of declarative configuration and support of
microservices on platforms.
- Understanding and experience with data persistence and storage
management in a private cloud and tiered storage for long term
retention in a hybrid / multi - cloud environments.
About Liaison Technologies
Liaison Technologies is a growing and energized global
Integration and data management services company providing unique
and high-value services to move, transform and manage business
information in the cloud. With a comprehensive array of
business-to-business and application-to-application integration and
data transformation services, Liaison's practitioners implement
data management infrastructures adapted to each client's specific
business requirements. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Liaison has
additional offices in both the U.S. and Western Europe. For more
information visit our corporate website at www.liaison.com
Liaison Technologies offers competitive pay and a generous
benefit package to all of our full time employees that include FREE
medical, dental and vision plans, 401K matching, STD/LTD, wonderful
PTO schedules, and 10 paid holidays per year. We also have a great
work environment that includes a game room, free beverages, Bagel
Fridays, and many fun events throughout the year. Come join our
team of talented and motivated employees!
Liaison Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. It is the
policy of Liaison technologies not to discriminate in hiring and
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, disability, age or any other protected class in accordance
with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Liaison, Alpharetta , Sr. Database Administrator (DBA), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!