Risk Control Field Manager
Company: The Travelers Companies
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Reports to Regional Director, Boiler and Machinery Risk Control.
Under broad oversight is responsible for managing Boiler and
Machinery Risk Control services and staff in a defined region.
Responsible for supporting local business strategies. Enables
underwriting through delivery of quality risk assessments, and
supports the claim process through timely claim investigations.
Ensures quality inspection and service delivery. Manages
relationships with local business partners including underwriting,
claim, and other Risk Control disciplines. Works with local
jurisdictions to ensure effective inspection reporting and
documentation. Understands the needs of the broad customer base and
positions RC services to support new business acquisition and
account retention. Leads talent and staff development to align with
the technical needs of the business. Actively seeks new talent
throughout manufacturing and service industries, for candidates
that have the needed credentials and candidates that can obtain the
needed credentials. Accountable for work product and quality
through a formal QA process. Seeks opportunities to improve service
delivery and execution.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage work assignments in assigned territory to ensure
technical quality and operational effectiveness. Aligns work based
on complexity and RCC skills.
- Actively engages employees, both local and remote, with regular
communication by telephone and face to face.
- Provides honest feedback, both supportive and constructive.
Responsible for formal feedback in interim and year-end
- Works with staff to develop and monitor individual development
plans. Focuses on skill gaps that are most important to business
execution and effectiveness.
- Coordinates training for local staff in conjunction with
regional initiatives, business partner plans, emerging issues and
- Manages quality through co-surveys and survey/file reviews.
Responsible for a formal Quality Assurance (QA) process.
- Maintains timely, frequent and relevant communications with
direct manager (RD) and business partner leadership.
- Serve as technical resource for Claim Representatives and
Account Executives. Provide guidance on the selection of field
consultants and/or specialists to be used in special risk control
surveys and claim investigations.
- Network, recruit, interview, hire and train new talent to grow
a team of experienced RCC's to support current and future business
- Maintain current knowledge of jurisdictional rules and
regulations within assigned territory. Represent the company at
jurisdictional meetings and ensure field consultants and Regional
Director understand current and developing jurisdictional rules and
- Ensures consultants and staff understand and comply with our
Boiler & Machinery Safety Program.
- Supports Account Executives, Marketing Executives, and Regional
Directors in marketing presentations when requested.
- Undergraduate degree or 2 years of management experience in
claim or risk control required
- 5 years insurance industry experience required.
- Valid Driver's license required
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 5 years' experience in the Boiler and Machinery Risk Control
- Undergraduate degree in technical or science preferred
- Experience managing remote employees preferred
Licensing or Certificates
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors
- Recognized related professional designations
- (such as CSP, ARM, CPCU CFPS, etc.) preferred
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Gives clear direction to staff by defining goals and
priorities. Motivates, inspires others to achieve high standards.
Leads change, drives results. Promotes enterprise culture. Identify
- Understands Boiler and Machinery insurance products and
- Technical and Analytical Competency
- Understands the nature of mechanical and electrical equipment,
fired boilers and pressure vessels, and the related control and
- Communication Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is able to make complex technical information clear to
audiences with varied levels of technical knowledge.
- Customer Service
- Has a strong customer service skills. Helps ensure that service
delivered by the unit meets or exceeds internal and external
Coaching / Staff Development:
- Helps identify individual opportunities for development and
assists in the creation of individual developmental plans.
Attracts Top Talent:
- Proactively recruits for talent by maintaining networks and
doing opportunistic and creative hiring as appropriate.
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of
this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Alpharetta , Risk Control Field Manager, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!