Resident Care Assistant
Company: Premier Senior Living
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Must be able to work
1st and 2nd shift needed - Full-Time
6:00 am - 2:00 pm 1st shift
2:00 pm - 10:00 pm 2nd shift
The purpose of this position is to provide direct care to
residents in accordance with facility policies and procedures and
state law/regulations. Provide quality care to residents; implement
specific procedures and programs; coordinate work within the
department, as well as with other departments; report pertinent
information to the immediate supervisor; respond to inquiries or
requests for information; assist the immediate supervisor with
tasks to support department operations. Must be able to communicate
High School Diploma or Equivalent and must have successfully
completed training as required by current state law/regulation.
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills;
ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and
customers with experience in long-term care preferred.
Demonstrated ability to utilize independent and effective
judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Present a professional image: Exhibits a manner that is cordial
and respectful. Conservative, appropriate dress and good personal
- Communicate effectively: Timely, attentive, respectful, and
clear communication whether verbal, written or body language.
Displays control and calmness in all situations.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality: Respecting others'
rights, shares only what others need to know and in only
appropriate places, not in public areas or near others without a
need to know.
- Anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative, and strive to exceed
expectations: Empathize with those who are in need. Seek ways to be
helpful to residents, visitors, and the Premier community. Provide
superior service by focusing on our customers.
- Be an ambassador for your organization: Be positive and caring
as a representative of the Company.
- Be a team player: Support your fellow employees; share your
time and talents; be respectful and helpful. Welcome the new member
of the department/ unit.
- Know the organization: Seek information; share it with others;
always be a resource. Know who is responsible for each area of the
Company with whom interaction is needed.
- Assume responsibility for cleanliness: Observe all rules
regarding eating. Leave all areas clean and neat. Promote
- Take ownership of complaints: Listen with genuine sincerity,
apologize, resolve or report complaint to someone who can resolve
- Celebrate Success: Acknowledge your own as well as others'
successes. Be proud!! Participate in departmental or organizational
Mission and Values
- Shows compassion for others and commitment to helping those who
- Follows compliance program, is sensitive to ethical and
compliance issues and appropriately addresses such issues.
Quality of Work
- Uses integrity, good judgment and problem solving skills in
- Produces high quality documentation as evidence by the
- Provide quality care to residents in an environment which
promotes their rights, dignity, and freedom of choice.
- Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and
provide support to the resident according to the care plan.
Contribute to the care planning process by providing the care
planning staff with specific information and observations of the
residents' needs and preferences.
- Provide care to residents following facility policies and
- Answer residents' calls promptly and courteously.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies
- Assist with the individual needs of residents which may include
assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding,
toileting, transferring, communicating, or other needs in keeping
with the individuals' care requirements.
- Assist with orienting residents and their families upon
admission. Support an atmosphere, which promotes a homelike
- Fully understand all aspects of residents' rights, including
the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Responsible
for promptly reporting to the supervisor or administrative staff
incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation or residents'
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper
disposal of soiled materials.
- Assure residents are given adequate assistance with personal
and oral hygiene needs following facility's policies and
- Assist and escort residents for appointments such as beauty
shop, activities, church services, etc. Participate in activities
and functions as directed.
- Respond to inquires relating to his/her particular area or to
requests from residents, visitors, other personnel, etc. timely and
within established policy.
- Listen to resident and family complaints and report problems to
supervisor or administrative staff immediately.
- Complete nursing assistant records documenting care provided or
other information in keeping with department
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and
promptly report these changes to appropriate supervisor or
Provide individualized attention, which encourages each
resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical
physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
- Takes steps necessary to produce excellent work in any task or
job that is assigned.
Keywords: Premier Senior Living, Alpharetta , Resident Care Assistant, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!