3310 Phlebotomist Technician
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Work Schedule/Days: Variable/Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Children's at North Point
Requisition #: 68542
Oversees invasive procedures and techniques involved in
collection of blood specimens from patients for laboratory use in
diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Performs clinical laboratory
duties and responsibilities and works effectively with others to
meet patient needs. Actively promotes a lean work culture by
performing team member duties to ensure consistent use of lean
principles and processes, including continually seeking work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No certifications required
- 1 year of experience in a pediatric hospital experience 3 years
of experience in phlebotomy, including venipunctures on newborns
through adolescent age groups and laboratory processing
- American Society for Clinical Pathology phlebotomy
certification or equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS &
- Strives for adult-adult relationships with colleagues,
subordinates, and superiors
- Collects laboratory specimens properly and safely from patients
newborn through age 21 using excellent customer service skills,
approaching patients with age- specific behaviors, and following
department and system policies and procedures.
- Performs blood collection procedures for a variety of complex
tests, such as oral glucose tolerance tests, blood culture
collection procedures, and the collection of blood transfusion
- Performs sweat collections according to Cystic Fibrosis
- Performs blood collections using universal standard precautions
and complies with varying levels of isolation criteria.
- Performs various duties in specimen processing area of the
laboratory following standard work processes, including preparation
of samples for testing and specimen management in the laboratory
- Identifies patient properly using two patient identifiers.
- Prepares patient in a developmentally appropriate manner by
recognizing needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups such as
understanding child growth and development and normal patterns of
- Actively promotes a lean culture by performing duties to
promote the consistent use of lean principals and processes.
- Engages in continual process improvement by identifying waste,
ineffective and inefficient processes, and unsafe practices.
- Performs clerical duties related to specimen collection and
- Researches test/client information using laboratory computer
- Maintains patient confidentiality and patient privacy related
to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Monitors and troubleshoots laboratory information system error
log and specimen collection pending log.
- Recognizes necessity of taking ownership of own motivation,
morale, performance, and professional development and strives for
behavior consistent with Childrens Healthcare of Atlantas and the
laboratorys mission, goals, and values.
Phlebotomists in Community Locations: Additional Duties and
Allocation of Time
- May be required to perform patient access duties such as
patient registration into the hospital information system.
- Collects laboratory specimens as described in Section III,
- Processes laboratory specimens as described in job description
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in
accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries
or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the
occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance
with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and
policies and procedures related to area of responsibility.
Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and
supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of
compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by the personnel so
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40
lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists
up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Not Present
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees,
supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with
patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Pushing/Pulling - Not Present
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3
to 2/3 of time)
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 3795 Mansell Road, Alpharetta, GA
Function: Allied Health - Laboratory Services
Keywords: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Alpharetta , 3310 Phlebotomist Technician, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!