Principal Molding Engineer (3034)
Company: Avanos Medical, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Requisition ID: 3034
Job Title: Principal Molding Engineer
Job Country: United States (US)
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three
- Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never
ceasing to fight for groundbreaking solutions in everything we
- Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly
nurturing our nimble culture of innovation;
- Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and
the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that strives to be
independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to
excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and
in the future.
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering
clinically superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients
get back to the things that matter. We are committed to creating
the next generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will
address our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the
use of opioids while helping patients move from surgery to
recovery. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop,
manufacture and market recognized brands in more than 90 countries.
Avanos Medical is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the
ticker symbol AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com.
The incumbent will report to the Manager Molding and Extrusion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design,
development, and commercialization of molding processes and
equipment for existing products and new medical devices. They will
work with Marketing, Project leaders and Plant based teams to
create/redefine products and associated specifications through
innovative and robust processing solutions. They will also be
expected to assist in quality system compliance and regulatory
filings with the FDA and other agencies outside the United
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams for design,
manufacturability, production and delivery of molding and extrusion
- Lead projects of various sizes and complexity from conception
- Represent Avanos in business dealings with third party
- Provide regular reports to executives on project progress,
delays or cancellations
- Work in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision or daily
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma projects and processes
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years' experience in molding industry
- medical molding experience preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Hands on injection molding and tooling experience from design
to implementation and sustaining production.
- RJG Master Molder 1 Certification and extensive
knowledge/experience with Scientific Molding principles and
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to
60% percent at times
- Strong team-oriented professional with good interpersonal
skills, communication skills, and project management
- Well versed in mold machining methods and molding technologies
including hot manifold systems, E-dart, and in mold sensors
- Experience providing design engineering assistance to project
teams leveraging DFA/ DFM principles
- In depth knowledge of tool design, troubleshooting, and molded
- Ability to identify molding and tooling and process efficiency
improvement opportunities and present to senior management.
- Ability to perform in-depth engineering and statistical
- Experience in working with vendors and vendor management
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Excel, Microsoft Project, Minitab, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Solid Works to view and modify
plastic part models, injection molds, and part or mold
- Ability to mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Application of statistical and analytical methods such as SPC,
SQC and DOE.
- General knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, and Risk Tools.
- Working knowledge of GMP and ISO regulations (Design
- Comply with applicable FDA and international regulatory
laws/standards and the Avanos Code of Conduct.
- 3+ years plastic part design experience.
- RJG Master Molder 2 Certification.
- Experience with insert molding and over molding.
- Experience with two-shot and multi-shot tooling.
- Experience with robots, EOAT and post mold automation.
- Experience with vision systems and component inspection
- Experience with silicone molding
- Experience with extrusion
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Knowledge/experience with plastic joining technologies such as
solvent, ultrasonic welding, adhesives etc.
- Experience in Gage design, MSA and GRR.
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you are a current employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions
and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the
lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others
begins with our employees - through a comprehensive and competitive
range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary - our Total
Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee;
your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life
Avanos offers a generous 401(k) employer match of 100% of each
pretax dollar you contribute on the first 4% and 50% of the next 2%
of pay contributed with immediate vesting.
benefits on day 1
uncapped sales commissions
Keywords: Avanos Medical, Inc., Alpharetta , Principal Molding Engineer (3034), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!