Vice President, Modernization Engineering
Company: Total System Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of
people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments
solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our
worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300
financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with
confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our
passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class
payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team
and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of
Vice President, Modernization Engineering
Summary of This Role
As VP of Modernization Engineering within the TSYS Issuer
organization of Global Payments, you will be responsible for
building and managing a high-performing and world-class software
engineering team. You'll operate as a hands-on "player-coach,"
focused on attracting and developing globally distributed
engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to
oversee the digital transformation and development of an
outstanding product and customer experience. The successful
candidate will be a seasoned top notch technology leader, able to
work effectively with technologists and business executives alike.
You'll have a proven track record of building and scaling
engineering solutions and modernization of large-scale platforms.
You're comfortable in a role where you transition seamlessly
between managerial activities and low level technical details, at
times dropping into code to help the team meet its objectives while
also keeping your skillset sharp.
What Part Will You Play?
- Working cross functionally with a broad set of partners, you
will apply keen technical understanding, appreciation for
simplicity, quality, and critical thinking. Your leadership will be
instrumental in driving modernization of our platforms and
organizational change as we move the team to be more lean and agile
enabling faster time to value across our geographically dispersed
- Create effective full-stack software development teams focused
on nimble delivery of value and leveraging technologies such as
Technology. Develop and lead highly technical teams, with multiple
skillsets and global locations, supporting application system
development and production support. Engage with business units to
develop strategies to support business direction.
- Oversee product engineering and development activities for
assigned areas in support of modernization, new sales, strategic
initiatives, new product development and internal enhancements.
Manage, grow and protect client revenue.
- Establish priorities for work requests. Take overall
accountability for technical design, architecture, quality and
timeliness. Ensure development is consistent across products.
Identify and remove roadblocks to success.
- Act as the senior technical subject matter expert for
applications, providing direction to business and technical teams
and acting as the senior escalation point on technical issues.
Create solutions for highly complex and sensitive problems and
provide direction for other teams.
- Hire, mentor, develop and retain top-notch engineering talent.
Build a collaborative, transparent culture of trust where team
members are empowered and inspired to do their best work, and drive
learning and employee advancement. Create and support a culture of
learning and continuous improvement.
- Lead the digital transformation of the assigned platforms and
delivery processes, including end-to-end automation of the
application development lifecycle. This role includes deployment
and management of systems in both on-premise and cloud
- Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blockers to
delivery to improve both quality and time to market.
- Foster a culture of operational excellence to drive higher
levels of system reliability, application quality and resiliency
throughout the application and through modern delivery practices
that eliminate impacts to service levels.
- Manage the resource planning and management processes. Brief
executive leadership on annual plan/budget and any subsequent
adjustment. Establish appropriate governance to ensure all goals
and responsibilities are met.
- Understand internal and external customers' strategic road maps
and goals. Build influential relationships internally and with
clients and partners. Direct the interaction and engagement between
teams, clients and partners. Act as an ambassador and senior
technology expert in client meetings and sales support.
- Drive continual process improvements that positively impact
cost, revenue, performance efficiency, process development and
- Ensures that application systems development and testing
processes and practices are compliant with corporate and regulatory
standards (both domestic and international). Lead the development
of IT policies and standards. Lead responses to internal and
external audits. Ensure any issues are remedied. Ensure that vendor
management and other compliance standards are met.
What are we looking for in this role?
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- Must have 6+ years of experience in software development in a
- Strong experience in software engineering and architectural
REST/JSON, GraphQL, Kafka, RDBMS, AWS, open source and many
- Experience with various database technologies including AWS
databases, large scale SQL and NoSQL databases and design.
- Hands-on experience designing, building and deploying secure,
scalable services in the Cloud and SaaS environments.
- Experience with message-oriented-middleware, caching, and
- Hands-on experience implementing scalable software platforms
and DevOps driven automated solutions
- Experience working on large-scale, high volume
- Rapid personal pace with ability to deliver and drive
- Deep understanding of software quality and what it takes to
construct resilient and impactful solutions
- Strong mentoring capability and communication - both verbal and
- Experience mentoring new managers on building productive
- Fluency in Agile or Lean software practices.
- Prior payments or technology industry experience is a
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or
any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview
process should notify a representative of the Human Resources
Keywords: Total System Services, Inc., Alpharetta , Vice President, Modernization Engineering, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!