Statement of Job:
The Certified Medication Assistant will make a positive
contribution to the lives of our residents by providing them with
routine daily care in accordance with the established policies and
procedures of the community under the direct supervision of the
Resident Care Director or supervisor on duty. The Certified
Medication Assistant will promote hospitality and deliver a high
level of customer service at all times in keeping with the Arbor
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
* Resident Care and Services: Our competent and compassionate
staff deliver exceptional, responsive and individualized care to
our residents. * Provide personal, physical care for the residents
which may include bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, dressing,
toileting, and/or nutritional oversight.
* Review and follow a written assignment for daily care to
residents per RA Task Sheets.
* Provide personalized and appropriate care according to
* Observe resident functioning and report any change in
condition or behavior to supervisor.
* Answer pages promptly according to the established
* Make rounds in community as assigned.
* Assist in preparing the dining room for meal service and serve
residents meals as per the Arbor Service Way norms.
* Serve meals in a residents room when instructed to do so.
* Measure and record temperature, pulse, blood pressure, etc.
* Communication: We listen to, learn from, and communicate with
our residents, family members, and each other in a timely and
honest manner. * Review communication log before every shift for
any special instructions.
* Report information verbally or in writing to oncoming shift to
ensure a smooth transition between shifts and continuity of
* Participate in sharing Positive experiences of loved ones with
family members per community specific guidelines.
* Respond to supervisor appropriately and timely.
* Listen attentively and ask clarifying questions, if needed, to
ensure all parties understand the message.
* Interact with family members in a thoughtful and compassionate