Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Application release / upgrade preparation and execution
2. Optimized request turnaround for DNA and surround product
3. Coordinate the installation of new data center clients, using
multiple Open Solutions application products, into test and
4. Establish data center polices and ensure adherence to corporate
IT and compliance standards
5. Review, develop project plans, certify and install new releases
and system updates for a growing financial institution client base
supporting multiple high availability applications.
6. Maintain a working knowledge of how various applications
operate, how they interact with one another, skills to identify
production errors and familiarity of the organization to contact
the appropriate individual to correct issues.
7. Maintain ‘best practices” change control procedures to ensure
preauthorization and accurate record keeping for all application
8. Diagnose and respond to customer support service call
9. Attend various product meetings to discuss status of new client
installations, provide timelines as they pertain to new release
installations, and access client requests.
10. Ability to meet flexible work schedules which are determined by
installation of new clients and product releases / upgrades.
11. Focus on continuous improvement through automation,
re-engineering and streamlining to reduce risk/exposure and
12. Troubleshoot issues for applications by reviewing application
logs, IIS logs, Event logs.
13. Perform advanced research and testing in order to resolve
production related incidents.
14. Use of enterprise tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace
15. Experience with baseline performance transaction testing
16. Review service and performance compliance to documented
17. Performs other duties as required.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science
• Certifications – N/A
• Minimum # years’ experience required - 6
• Type of work experience required – 6 years
• Experience in installation, upgrades, configuration and
troubleshooting of ‘packaged application code/solutions’ to
internal / test and production environments
• Previous application deployment of the DNA / surround product
applications is considered an asset
• Experience in Incident, Problem & change management
• Performed Database Refresh tasks for Test and Production
• Familiarity with ITL and SDLC life cycle phases
• Install/execute and fine-tuned Stored Procedures, SQL Queries and
User Defined Functions.
• Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization with strong
analytical troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in
• Strong working knowledge of Windows operating environment
• Strong working knowledge of IIS
• Extensive experience with SQL programming language and
• Oracle Database Knowledge
• Ability to work on complex technical issues
• SQL, PL/SQL, and Hyperion SQR Production Reporting
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education: .
• An approach to your work that is self-directed and highly
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Proven research and analytical skills.
• Strong documentation / transition skills
• Good Knowledge of risk awareness, knowledge of risk/audit
disciplines and controls
• Proficient technical aptitude and exceptional personal computer
skills – MS Office
• Strong team skills
• Experience working in the financial industry
• Ability to effectively assess operational inefficiencies and
develop / re-tool streamlined solutions
Who we are:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our
commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and
fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking
customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added
products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial
institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable
financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations.
With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can
preserve platform investments while delivering both updated
functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research
to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth
opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help
clients access and act on data to create better outcomes
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier,
Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of
activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans,
customer information management, and general ledger and accounting
tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they
all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is
the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin,
veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to
perform the essential functions of the job with or without
reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity