Business Systems Analyst, Advisory
Posted on: July 20, 2021
As a Business Systems Analyst for Architect Banking you will be
part of the next generation in digital services. Architect
Banking is a premier solution in the Digital Banking Group and
offers a highly configurable and customizable single platform for
online banking, business banking and mobile banking. As part of the
team, you will be working with a proven, 5th generation, state of
the art digital platform. You will be able to use your
creative, technical, functional and problem-solving skills to help
clients bring their strategic vision to life and provide a truly
unique digital experiences to both their customers and employees.
Never a dull moment, you will be working independently and in a
team environment with associates from many different areas, gaining
industry knowledge and exposure to many different areas of
The Business Systems Analyst is a member of the Architect
Solution Consulting team focused on providing business analysis
support to the Sales and Account Management teams as part of
pre-sales pursuits for new and or existing clients. The Business
Systems Analyst will engage early in the sales cycles, along with
the solution consultants, as the subject matter experts for the
functional aspects of Architect and provide Architect subject
matter expertise to new and existing clients as part of any
upgrades, optimizations reviews, Architect Readiness (Gap / gain)
and selling of add-ons features. The Business Systems Analyst
establishes an understanding and confidence with clients for
defining the requirements for the delivery of the Architect
solution within the agreed boundaries of the standard Architect
implementation. The Business Systems Analyst works with Solution
Consultants, Sales Execs and or Account execs to scope requirements
identified during the sales cycle up through SOW creation and
contract signature. They will prepare documentation and play a key
role in the transition from Sales to the Implementation team. They
will work closely with the technical delivery team members and
project managers as part of the transition to ensure that key
implementation team members have a deep understanding of key client
Business Systems Analyst will also support the implementation
team augmenting the Implementation BSAs as needed to provide
additional, functional SME during the initial project
The Business Systems Analyst will develop core specifics skills
for both Fiserv and Non-Fiserv cores specializing in 2 or more
As a Business Systems Analyst, Advisory, you will play a key
role within the Architect Solution Consulting team by working,
supporting, and leading business analysis activities during the
sales cycle. The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for
elaborating functional solutions by applying personal expertise and
group facilitation skills. This includes gathering requirements
from Product Management; identifying, interpreting, and defining
business needs and features; translating them into requirements;
and leading the process to visualize, document, and communicate
functional product solutions that Architects, Development, and QA
use to design, build, and test the system. This also includes
driving internal and client facing discussions for requirements
definition for base configurations and customizations of an
internet banking platform.
You possess the ability to:
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy through high quality analysis
- Work with clients, Solution Consultants, Sales Execs,
Professional Services project team members, and product managers to
document detailed requirements that capture clients’ needs and
- Work independently and collaboratively to develop models that
support operational and strategic decision making.
- Be highly analytical, entrepreneurial, and pragmatic,
comfortable interacting across all disciplines of the company,
capable and credible, and effective at setting and managing
expectations of management.
- Outstanding quantitative and critical thinking
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Drive requirements gathering sessions in onsite and/or remote
client meetings. Work with multi-functional client partners to
complete application worksheets and customizations scoping.
- Collaborate with the client and professional services engineers
to define requirements related to online banking configurations and
customizations. This includes scoping solutions, documenting
workflows, developing estimates, and validating solutions.
- Perform moderate to complex analysis of customer’s goals and
business needs to clearly articulate solution configurations and
customization workflows to partners.
- Understand the customers’ current state, the people, and the
teams involved as well as the key metrics and technical
capabilities needed and the impact on business unit and/or
customers. Be able to translate, map, and communicate any known
gaps resulting from making the transition from current to future
- Prepare presentations, participating and leading meetings.
- Prepares summary documentation and presentations for high level
- Ensures the software development requirements fully meet the
- Ensure adherence to Data Architecture and Data Quality
principles and methodologies.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve moderate to complex
business issues and process gaps.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Business Administration or similar discipline; Relevant, equivalent
work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Business Analyst or Business Systems
Analyst role required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with client-facing software
development and/or systems integration projects required.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, and decision-making
- Strong grasp of Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint,
MS Project and MS Visio.
- Familiarity with use of Agile stories as requirements
- Ability to lead project team through requirements and release
- Ability to lead and mentor others in the BSA role.
- Ability to accurately gather, analyze and document
requirements, identify and define problems, and make
recommendations for resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to deliver high quality communications and documentation to
clients and internal partners.
- Ability to research and propose solutions to meet customer
requirements, develop and deliver high quality solution requirement
and specification documentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with and
influence other functional areas.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Minimum of 5 years of financial service industry
- Familiar with Financial Institution account processing
- Knowledge and experience of project lifecycle
- Previous work experience related to internet or mobile home
- Experience with CA Clarity PPM system or similar
- Working knowledge of professional services, project
operations and related practices
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting operations
Travel required: Percentage/frequency of travel –
up to 30%
Who We Are:
The Digital Banking Group provides industry-leading products and
services for online and mobile channels to help financial
institutions drive deeper relationships and more effectively
compete in digital transformation. Digital Channels develops
creative online banking and mobile banking solutions for financial
institutions of all sizes with a mission to deliver easy and
compelling digital financial management and money movement systems.
Using in-depth research, user experience design, and industry
standard methodologies, the Digital Banking Group’s online banking
and mobile banking solutions are ranked as the top solutions in the
market and embraced by some of the largest and most creative
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Fiserv, Alpharetta , Business Systems Analyst, Advisory, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!