What does a great Java Developer do for Fiserv?
- Evaluate new technology frameworks, tools, and infrastructure
via POCs and technical research
- Apply best of breed technology to solve mission critical
In this role, you can look forward to:
- Provide architectural leadership across core products within
the business unit and beyond
- Serve as a mentor to other architects and developers to promote
the architecture profile and expand the organization’s knowledge
- Promote the vision of the Chief Technology Officer. Determine
multiple paths forward presenting pros and cons and do what is
necessary to knock down barriers and obstacles to the vision and
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science /
- Apache Kafka – Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of
Apache Kafka experience and a proven track record of applying it to
complex enterprise systems. This position requires a practical
hands-on knowledge of the physical infrastructure, configurations
as they pertain to topics and partitions, and high confidence
relative to consumer design.
- Java Programming Skills – Candidate should have a mastery of
the Java programming language and a proven track record of applying
it to complex enterprise systems.
- RESTful Service Development – Candidate should have extensive
experience designing, developing, and testing API via automation
- Analytical Skills – Candidate should be able to quickly
translate business requirements into multiple technical design
options allowing stakeholders to weigh pros and cons.
- Communication Skills – Candidate must be able to convey their
ideas to others via PowerPoint, Excel, etc. They must also be
comfortable speaking in front of large teams, incorporating their
ideas, and building consensus.
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Object Store Experience – Experience working with object stores
such as Mongo, Redis is a major plus.
- Spring Framework – Experience using the Spring framework and
ecosystem is a major plus.
- Containerization – Experience utilizing Docker, Kubernetes,
Pivotal, etc. is a major plus.
- Agile – It is preferred that the candidate have experience
working in an agile environment. The ability to think incrementally
and releasing software in an evolving manner is a very important
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment
methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience delivering enterprise
customer facing solutions.
- 6+ years of indirect or direct technical leadership.
- Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent
Travel required: 5% Percentage/frequency of travel
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our
commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and
fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity