Membership Service Representative II - Ed Isakson/Alpharetta
Company: YMCA of Atlanta
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The YMCA of Metro Atlanta serves more than 300,000 individuals
with 23 full facilities and ten additional camping and childcare
locations. The Y provides financial assistance to support more than
25,000 youth, teens and families. The Y offers programs that serve
kids, adults and families at all stages of life. As the largest
provider of early learning and after-school programs in Georgia,
the Y is closing the achievement gap for Atlanta youth. During the
teen years, the Y focuses on leadership development to prepare
teens to connect to and serve their communities. A leader in
healthy living, the Y offers youth sports and wellness programs
designed to help kids and adults live healthier and be more active.
A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids,
our health and our neighbors. We believe that to bring about
meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be
focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our
cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to
Under the direction of the Membership Director, a Member Service
Representative Level 2 is responsible for efficiently and
effectively carrying out the duties and functions of the Member
Service area. This position must perform duties in accordance with
the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by
the Metropolitan Atlanta YMCA, Branch Strategic Plan, Safety
Protocols Including COVID, and Member Services Guidelines and
Non-Negotiables. Emphasis will be placed on member service, program
knowledge, member/staff safety, and communication with members and
Minimum Requirements :
- A working knowledge of computers (MS Word, MS Excel and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem
solve, and possess effective time management skills.
- Must pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
- Prefer a minimum of one year or more experience in work
relating to customer service, either paid or volunteer.
- High degree of human relation skills: Ability to effectively
communicate and manage information to peers, staff and
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships
with staff, YMCA members, volunteers, schools and general
Ongoing Responsibilities :
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program
participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member
- Welcomes members as they enter and leave the YMCA.
- Implements the YMCA safety protocols both related to COVID and
- Implement wellness checks and provide a leadership role in
ensuring member/staff adherence to the safety protocols, with a
commitment to positive member and staff safety.
- Attend, complete, and pass Spirit Point of Sale.
- Greets, engages, and/or tours prospective members and program
- Supports membership operations through sale of memberships and
program offerings. Must have an in depth working knowledge of
membership and program inventory.
- Actively develops, educates and owns the knowledge base to
quickly respond to member, prospective member, and program member
- Take steps to building committed and connected relationships
with members, volunteers, and collaborative partners.
- Directly handles and resolves membership concerns and informs
supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED,
Blood-borne Pathogens, branch orientation, and Branch Emergency
- Achieve all required SPIRIT trainings as assigned. Apply and
utilize SPIRIT according to established guidelines as
- Maintains privacy requirements by not sharing personal
information about members including, but not limited to, phone
numbers, addresses, program participation, financial information,
or personal situations.
- Adhere to, and implement, all policies and procedures listed in
the training manual and as new policies are implemented.
- Communicate in a positive manner with members, guests, program
participants and volunteers. Provide appropriate assistance as
- Assist in annual branch Why It Matters Campaign. Achieve
individual and team goals as related to the campaign.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
- Consistent display of the core values of honesty, respect,
caring, and responsibility when dealing with members, volunteers,
- Carry out other appropriate duties as prescribed by the
- Must be able to work at least 2 shifts per week regularly.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Quality Results
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a direct impact on the continued effectiveness of
the YMCA in the community as well as on its membership. This
effectiveness can be measured by:
1. The perceived quality of programs and services by the members
and the community based on verbal feedback.
2. Positive results related to Member Services on written surveys
and comment cards.
3. Excellent attendance.
4. Branches monthly retention goals.
Bending, stooping, standing, lifting, seeing, hearing, keyboard
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection, in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in
what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to
communities where everyone belongs.
Ed Isakson / Alpharetta YMCA Associated topics: call center
associate, client service, customer service associate, customer
service representative, customer service specialist, product
support, service agent, system support, technical support,
Keywords: YMCA of Atlanta, Alpharetta , Membership Service Representative II - Ed Isakson/Alpharetta, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!