Principal Data Scientist
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here. What you'll be doing... As a principal Data Scientist,
you will focus on developing and deploying AI models on our
recommendation team with a focus on delivering excellent customer
experience and driving business growth and technical innovation.
You will work closely with data science and engineering teams and
the entire data scientist community at Verizon in proactively
designing and developing AI capabilities. These AI capabilities
will include predictive, prescriptive and adaptive applications for
all predictions and inferences at Verizon. Models will typically
get implemented on premise, in cloud and/or on the edge and in both
real-time and batch mode depending upon the business applications.
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our
data science and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI
will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company.
At one hundred and thirty billion dollars in annual revenue, this
is a pioneering opportunity to design and shape AI at scale in the
industry. With our leadership in bringing 5G network nationwide,
the opportunity for AI will only grow exponentially in going from
enabling billions of predictions to possibly trillions of
predictions that are automated and real-time.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to identify
opportunities and problems and develop and execute plans to deliver
- Develop the next generation of AI that drives personalized
customer experience, innovation, customer acquisition and
retention, and business growth.
- Help attract and retain top talent with deep technical
expertise to Verizon and build a diverse team with an inclusive
- Operate as an expert and thought leader both within Verizon and
externally within industry.
- Serve as trusted advisor to all stakeholders at Verizon.
- Coach and mentor our high potential talent.
- Stay informed on the latest advancements in AI and technology
space, finding ways to deliver value by applying and customizing
these to our specific problem space.
- Help create an environment where our scientists are engaged in
pioneering work that can be shared with the world in a number of
ways like open source, publications, etc.
- Help establish best practices and governance routines to ensure
adherence to model management policies, peer reviews, and
compliance to our policy standards for privacy, ethics, and bias.
What we're looking for... You are a master at analyzing big data.
You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are
generated at rapid speed. You're a creative problem solver who
loves to explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are
phenomenal at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take
satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you've
uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one
of your strengths. You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Commercial application experience working on recommendation
- Experience developing models in Python, Pyspark.
- Experience developing models and algorithms independently,
writing your own code, developing strategy for algorithmic
experimentation, and deploying in production.
- Experience with SQL and Data Analysis. Even better if you have
one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or PHD in mathematics, statistics,
physics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Knowledge and ability to explain both the code and the
underlying math used in algorithms/models.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Hadoop, AWS or other distributed compute
- Knowledge of data structures, data modeling and software
architecture skills. We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more. Our credo is at the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Alpharetta , Principal Data Scientist, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!