Senior Administrator, IT Infrastructure Administration
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.We want to welcome you to a
world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at
IHG -, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of
warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.We
pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine,
recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting
your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a
difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities,
every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in
your own way.With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries
sharing our values, there's countless opportunities at your
fingertips.We're growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
KEY RESPONSIBILITIESJob Summary - (Role Summary)The Windows Sr
Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration responds to
real-time alert for device health, application health, stability,
and performance, this includes participating and potentially
leading outage and degraded performance incidents/problems. The Sr
Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration contributes to the
continuous improvement of infrastructure monitoring systems while
maintaining a set of standards and fix violations. The
Administrator IT Infrastructure Administration is an experienced
individual contributor on a project/work team.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities - (Key Activities)
- Maintain infrastructure devices including performing
OS/Hardware/Virtual Machine upgrades, physical replacement,
standards compliance and vulnerability research/mitigation.
- Proactively monitor infrastructure resource utilization and
maintain capacity management planning.
- Compile statistics and build reports on network/application
- Expected to give guidance and may lead on infrastructure
configuration management standards.
- Perform scheduled/planned and emergency approved change
implementation and validations
- Participate and may lead the Post Outage Review process
researching documentation around major incident with root cause
analysis, follow up activities and lessons learned.
- Develop and maintain operational procedure documentation and
- Expected to work directly with engineering teams for advanced
troubleshooting/research on incident resolution and small project
- Serves as an escalation point for tier 2 support for complex
solution resolution and responsible for root cause analysis (may
involve some on call responsibilities). Document/track/manage
issues and resolutions.
- Contact vendors and other 3rd party businesses for
- Coordinate with infrastructure resources (network, systems,
storage, database) to implement changes including building
- Coordinates the continuous improve infrastructure monitoring
systems. Adjust and add proactive alerts and statistics.
- Participates in a 24-hour on-call support for emergency
What we need from you
Education -Bachelor's in a relevant field of work or an equivalent
combination of education and work related experience.Microsoft
certifications such as MCSE/MCSA/MCITPExperience -Typically, a
minimum of 7+ years of progressive work-related experience with
Windows and Microsoft related server applications demonstrated
proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes
related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
- Advanced knowledge and experience maintaining, upgrading, and
configuring Windows Servers, GUI/Core, including Windows 2012 R2
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft core
applications such as Active Directory, DNS, Certificate Services,
AD replication, DHCP, etc.
- Experience and knowledge with third party applications that run
in Microsoft environment such as Citrix, VEEAM, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of backup process and best
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with ability
to correlate cross-platform technologies.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Windows and SQL clustering
such as SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft System Center
Configuration Manager (SCCM) and best patching practices
- Team Player and strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle from
conception through implementation.
- Infrastructure/Operating System command line experience
including (not limited to) PowerShell commands. PowerShell
scripting experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Linux operating Systems is a plus.
- Advanced Experience and Knowledge in VMWare, public and private
cloud and virtualization technology is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies with Amazon Web
Services and Google Cloud Platform is a big plus.
- Experience with large scale server configuration management
tools such as Chef is desired.
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits -
including great room discount and superb training.Join us and
you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all
families, all our individual team members share some winning
characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and
support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different
perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the
little things that make a difference to guests as well as always
looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about
us.At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment
opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an
individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a
culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and
valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and
encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves
to work.Not Applicable for Colorado applicants.
Job Reference: USA22237
Keywords: IHG, Alpharetta , Senior Administrator, IT Infrastructure Administration, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!