Company: Westfield Specialty Insurance
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Location: Westfield Specialty's office in Alpharetta is the
preferred location. Westfield's office in Berkeley Heights, NJ will
be considered. This is a position that is not eligible to be fully
remote, but can take advantage of Westfield's hybrid work
This position functions as a service liaison between brokers,
insureds and claimants, and Westfield Specialty's professional
staff by providing necessary administrative support to allow Claims
Staff to focus on evaluating and managing claims. Key Duties &
- Assists Claims Staff by obtaining information of varying
complexity and using systems and applications to create and update
- Responds to communications from brokers, insureds, claimants,
claim vendors, participating insurers, and internal teams.
- Researches policy and claim information.
- Compiles data, completes forms and filings, and runs
- Reviews invoices and billings.
- Processes financial transactions within delegated
- May participate in claims platform and technology solution
testing and implementation.
- Assists with other Claims department and Company initiatives as
Required Education/Training & Experience
- Minimum - High school graduate or high school equivalency.
- Three (3) or more years claims clerical experience
- Excellent communications (telephone, e-mail and interpersonal)
skills as required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a customer-centric
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Software: Intermediate to Advanced in all Windows operating
systems, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of various claim systems and claim processing.Other
Desired Skills And Characteristics
- Excellent decision making, prioritizing, and ability to handle
multiple complex tasks efficiently.
- Accountability for delivering on personal goals and assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word,
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail along with
- Ability to analyze, think outside the box and give
honest/direct feedback in a respectful way.
- Proven success collaborating with team members and developing
long standing relationships.
- Good sense of timing and the ability to recognize and solve
- Ability to prioritize and allocate work actions based on
importance, value, urgency, and customer needs.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+
hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a
computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work
environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone,
computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.This job description describes
the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills,
responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change
and additional functions may be assigned as needed by
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on
compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like
401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement,
flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life
balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all
part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
We are an equal opportunity
Keywords: Westfield Specialty Insurance, Alpharetta , Claims Assistant, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!