Posted on: June 22, 2022
The Claim Specialist, under moderate direction from the manager,
investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably, and within
established best practices guidelines. Scope
- Responsible for investigating; settling high exposure, high
risk Employment Practices Claims.
- Insure high level of customer service and claim file
- Identifying and evaluating coverage issues, preparing
comprehensive coverage letters and analysis, retaining and managing
coverage counsel through trial, and developing and managing
strategy for complex coverage litigation.
- Evaluating exposure through an in-depth analysis of legal and
factual issues, retaining and managing litigation counsel through
trial, developing and managing strategy for complex
- Attending arbitrations, mediations, trials.
- Developing resolution strategies and negotiating
- Reviewing legal budgets and legal and third-party vendor's
- Presenting litigation strategy for complex litigation to senior
claims management and underwriting staff.
- Support business leaders on an as needed basis on various claim
and underwriting related issues and marketing meetings.
Responsibilities Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day handling of substantial caseload of line of business
- Confirms coverage of claims by reviewing policies and documents
submitted in support of claims.
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as
warranted, under direction of supervisor and coverage unit.
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss
facts and extent of third-party damages.
- Directs and monitors assignments to experts and underlying
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to
determine the extent of insured's exposure.
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations
concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
- Reports to reinsurers and facilitates the prompt collection of
reinsurance on those matters where they are accountable. Job
- Ability to handle demanding caseload of claims pertaining to
Employment Practices Liability and provide business support.
- Approximately 5+ years claims and/or legal experience in the
EPL area including evaluating and resolving complex matters.
- Law degree preferred.
- If you do not already have one, you will be required to obtain
an applicable resident or designated home state adjusters license
and possibly additional state licensure. - Desired Traits
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials
on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Authoritative knowledge of CHUBB coverage, products, services,
- Ability to self-motivate and self-start.
- Ability to make independent decisions using CHUBB best
practices for guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service
- Capable of dealing with highly visible and demanding
- Highly organized and able to respond to insureds and internal
and external business partners in a timely manner.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- The Claim Specialist, under direction from the manager,
investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably and within
established best practices guidelines. Chubb strives to offer a
diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. -Teamwork and
mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the
best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and
skills. -We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of
their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our
collective success. Chubb offers a competitive compensation package
and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and
dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability
coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition
reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are
committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all
laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide
employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions
or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national
origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Chubb, Alpharetta , Claim Specialist, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!