Posted on: June 22, 2022
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you
are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and
technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on
your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better,
too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and
a better working world for all.
The Project Technical Lead will be a subject matter expert for the
end-to-end business process to which their tool(s) supports and
have a good understanding of the business problem and/or
requirements to be solved by partnering with application
architecture, the business sponsor and business team experts to
develop a cost effective solution that is fit for purpose.
The Application Engineering Project Technical Lead is a senior
level supervisory resource responsible for managing the technical
deliverables of a project within the agreed budgets and timelines
and ensuring the team utilizes the appropriate methodologies to
meet high quality coding standards. Project Technical Leads will
work with other leads to develop best practices and take lessons
learned into future projects. This role includes the management of
technical tasks within the project plan, coordination with the
project manager, appropriate resourcing of a project, and ensures
the project team follows the processes for quality delivery. The
expectation is that the Application Engineering Project Technical
Lead is also a hands-on developer who speaks with authority on the
architecture and solutioning based upon real life scenarios and
skills of code development.
Your key responsibilities
- Development of robust, high performance enterprise software.
This also includes about 50% of the time doing direct "hands on"
development of software.
- Code reviews of subordinate and peer submissions.
- Create and maintain Application Engineering resource plan with
respect to the project.
- Manage Application Engineering staff assigned resources with
respect to the project.
- Provide appropriate development cost and resource estimates for
all applicable phases of planned project.
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering
methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Provide input to technical resource sourcing strategies.
- Research and evaluate alternative technical solutions and
propose the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles,
global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards,
- Provide support resources and guidelines to efficiently support
the project during the transition to production.
- Monitors and manages adherence to Application Engineering
methodologies, standards, code reviews to ensure activities are
occurring as planned. Identifies potential points of contention for
missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and
- Minimizes technical exposure and risk on projects
- Responsible for translating Design and Solution Architecture
deliverables into more detailed design and build deliverables.
- Distribute technical information to the project team or to all
impacted Team Leads based on the needs of the project.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must
- Proactively anticipate project issues, risks, and threats
before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes;
works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most
- Make key decisions based upon input from Team, Group, and/or
Global Leads; solid understanding of IT Services principles; firm
and business objectives and needs analysis.
- Apply judgment in implementing Application Engineering
methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of
projects/programs which may include product design engineering,
information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Utilize strong analytical and problem solving skills needed to
manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to lead a global Application Engineering team with
respect to your assigned project(s) utilizing both local and remote
resources, internal employees and contingent staff -- directly
mentoring staff working on the project, working with Solution
Delivery Managers if issues arise within your project, working with
the Team Lead if issues arise with engineering staff and supporting
and monitoring your project's progress towards delivery goals.
- Exercises influence at many levels of the organization up to
the Global Lead Level.
- Provides necessary supervision and support to ensure quality,
adherence to application engineering methodologies, standards,
leading practices, budgets, and timelines are met.
- Lends expertise to internal IT teams and task forces as well as
other IT projects/programs.
What we look for
- Serves as a role model by promoting and demonstrating
commitment to Application Engineering methodologies, processes,
best practices and quality delivery standards for both EY and
industry-wide, recommending process improvements when
- AGILE development methodology experience.
- Experience managing and motivating virtual teams.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to translate
technical context to non-technical project team members.
- Experience in Application Design.
- Demonstrated experience in working with application
vendors/external resource providers and managing key contacts to
deliver value for the money.
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global
team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your
career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with
flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond
too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social
well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits
available in your country. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to
navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and
flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights,
coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you
are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the 'Apply' link (not
through the local office). Your application will then be routed to
the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create
long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in
the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150
countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow,
transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and
transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for
the complex issues facing our world today.
Keywords: EY, Alpharetta , Development Lead, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!