Senior Data Architect
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Senior Data Architect
You're raising the stakes for your career to do more. Learn more.
Impact more. Here, y our innovation, ideas, and technical curiosity
will help us deliver better care for billions of people worldwide .
You'll p ut your professional expertise, talent, and drive to work
by building and managing the technology behind our portfolio of
Kimberly-Clark is on a mission to transform to become a data driven
and AI-First company. The vision of this team is to embed an
algorithm into every K-C decision, process and product.
We are looking for a hardworking, aspirational and innovative
Senior Data Architect for our AI engineering and innovation team.
This role will play a diverse and far-reaching role across
organizations providing leadership and building technical design
and solutions for multiple business groups and partners within
Kimberly-Clark. You'll drive modernization into our data and
This role is ideal for candidates with strong, hands-on skills in
managing large datasets on Azure, experience with frameworks
handling real-time as well as batch data patterns, building data
transformations in Snowflake, designing data consumption patterns
in Snowflake, and building automation templates in DevOps
* Review the business needs and design and build data ingestion and
curation on Azure and Snowflake platforms
* Understand the data definitions, business purpose and
relationship between data domains and articulate the story telling
* Work with platform teams to design and build processes for
automation in data pipeline build and testing
* Demonstrate data wrangling expertise in delivering descriptive
* Design scalable data processing and application architectures,
technical deliverables and documentation throughout the project
* Build POCs/Pilots on re-usable and modular data frameworks and
reduce manual build of data pipelines
* Design and build data pipelines in Azure ADF, Databricks, Delta
lake and PySpark processing techniques
* Build code in SnowSQL, Stored Procedures and leverage Snowpipe to
ingest, curate and model data sets in Snowflake
* Design and build near real time and micro-batch data processing
frameworks including event driven and batch datasets
* Responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the ingestion and
data delivery frameworks and patterns.
* Experience with Agile methodologies and tools and have a track
record of delivery in a production environment.
* Evaluate open source and proprietary technologies and build Proof
of concepts to evaluate and recommend all aspects of data
architecture (ingestion, curation, consumption) including
integration of descriptive and predictive analytics
* Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities
required for platform/ product operations
* About You *
You were made to do this work: designing new technologies, diving
into data, optimizing digital experiences, and constantly
developing better, faster ways to get results. You want to be part
a performance culture dedicated to building technology for a
purpose that matters. You want to work in an environment that
promotes sustainability, inclusion, wellbeing, and career
* Required Qualifications: *
* 8+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying data
solutions on Azure platform
* Proficient in distributed computing principles, modular
application architecture, and various types of data processing
patterns - real-time, batch, lambda, and other architectures
* Experience with a broad range of data stores - Object stores
(Azure ADLS, HDFS, GCP Cloud Storage), Row and Columnar databases
(Azure SQL DW, SQL Server, Snowflake, Teradata, PostgresSQL,
Oracle), NoSQL databases (CosmosDB, MongoDB, Cassandra),
ElasticSearch, Redis, and Data processing platforms - Spark,
Databricks, and SnowSQL
* Experience in designing and architecting data consumption for
OLAP and descriptive analytics for multi-tenant applications
* Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes and the cloud infra
like Azure, AWS, and GCP.
* Experience with programming languages such Python, Java and Scala
* Familiarity in leveraging Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis
Services, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, HDP, Spark, Databricks
(Delta lake), MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Tez, SSAS, Watson Analytics,
* Experience with source code management, configuration management,
CI/CD, security and performance.
* Self-starter who can see the big picture, and prioritize your
work to make the largest impact on the business' and customer's
vision and requirements
* Experience in building, testing, and deploying code to run on
Azure cloud datalake
* Ability to Lead/nurture/mentor others in the team.
* Must have experience in Agile development methods
* About Us *
Huggies -. Kleenex -. Cottonelle -. Scott -. Kotex -. Poise -.
Depend -. 25% of people in the world use Kimberly-Clark products
every day , and it takes the best people to make that happen.
We're founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we're always
looking for new and better ways to perform , especially when it
comes to product and process innovation. Our customers are always
looking for new and better. Our competitors won't stop evolving.
And our communities demand responsible corporate practices. We need
bold, transformative ideas from people who can turn them into
reality. T hat means t here's no time like the present to make an
impact at Kimberly-Clark. It's all here for you at Kimberly-Clark
* Total Benefits *
Here are a few of the benefits you'd enjoy. For a complete
overview, see www.mykcbenefits.com .
You love what you do, especially when your work makes a difference.
At Kimberly-Clark, we're constantly exploring new ideas on how,
when , and where we can best achieve results. When you join our
team, you'll experience Flex That Work s : flexible (hybrid) work
arrangements that empower you to have purposeful time in the office
and partner with your leader to make flexibility work for both you
and the business.
* Great support for g ood h ealth * with medical, dental, and
vision coverage options . No waiting periods or pre-existing
condition restrictions. A ccess to an on-site fitness center,
occupational health nurse, and allowances for high-quality safety
* Flexible Savings and spending accounts * to maximize health care
options and stretch dollars when caring for yourself or
* Diverse i ncome protection insurance options * to protect
yourself and your family in case of illness, injury , or other
* Additional programs and support * to continue your education,
adopt a child, relocate, or even find temporary childcare.
* To Be Considered *
Click the Apply button and complete the online application process.
A member of our recruiting team will review your application and
follow up if you seem like a great fit for this role.
In the meantime, check out the c areers website . You'll want to
review this and come prepared with relevant questions if and when
you pass GO and begin interviews.
* And finally, the fine print... *
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive
organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of
its team members to brands that make life better for people all
around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that
reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your
original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success
of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer,
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information,
citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by employees assigned to this
classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required
for this position. K-C requires that an employee have authorization
to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an
applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will
determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual
for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements,
not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
*Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:*
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for
the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization.
The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable
mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in
K-C's sole discretion.
Dallas World Headquarters, USA-IL-Chicago, USA-TN-Knoxville,
Keywords: Kimberly-Clark, Alpharetta , Senior Data Architect, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!