Y Campus Connection - Site Counselor - Alpharetta Adult Activity Center
Company: YMCA Metro Atlanta
Posted on: August 5, 2022
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Under the general direction of the After-School Program Director
and Y Campus Connection Site Director, the Counselor (Floater in
AM) is responsible for leading assigned groups in various planned
activities that support the overall goals of the virtual learning
and after school program. The incumbent will assist the team with
virtual learning in the areas of technology set-up, homework
assistance and student support, along with planning and
implementing enrichment activities for participants that builds
upon the skills needed to be successful. In addition, the
counselor/floater will organize activities in the afternoon
including but not limited to the following: STEM; YF4L;
Arts-n-Humanities and; other activities. All program decisions must
be guided by Bright from the Start/DECAL and the YMCA program
standards. This position must perform duties in accordance with the
policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by the
Metro Atlanta YMCA, Branch Strategic Plan, Safety Protocols
including COVID-19, and Member Services Guidelines and Program
Non-negotiables. Emphasis will be placed on member service, program
knowledge, participant/staff safety, and communication with members
This position will support the COA-Alpharetta Adult Activity Center
located at 3450 Cogburn Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004.
* Must be 18 years of age.
* Must have a High-School diploma or equivalent.
* If working at a Bright from the Start licensed facility, must
possess a minimum credential that meets BFTS requirement.
* Have a minimum of one-year prior experience working with
school-age children in a group setting.
* Prefer a minimum of one-year experience working in a licensed
setting and supervision of participants in a school-age setting is
* Have evidence of a current successful completion of biennial
training in CPR/First Aid/AED.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Have experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word,
Excel, and Power Point, as well as, internet technology platforms
such as Google Classroom and Zoom.
* If working at a BFTS licensed facility, must receive a cleared
GCIC/NCIC and a cleared Fingerprint check through
* BFTS before working. (Annual GCIC checks will be conducted before
each school year begin.)
* Operate the program according to YMCA, and BFTS/DECAL-if working
at a licensed facility, policies and procedures.
* Create an environment that provides various activities and
instruction to support program goals.
* Operate and deliver the program in compliance with YMCA
* Discuss and report any concerns with the Site Director.
* Maintain personal file to remain in compliance with the YMCA, and
Bright From the Start/DECAL if working at a licensed facility.
* Compile attendance records and other pertinent information
required by the program, as needed.
* Coordinate supply needs with the Site Director.
* Attend YMCA and other trainings as scheduled. Maintain BFTS
annual trainings hours, if at a licensed facility.
* Consult with the Site Director on concerns related to student(s)
development or behavior.
* Provide input into the planning and development of the
* Complete monthly self-assessments of the program, as needed.
* Assist students with virtual learning homework assignments as
required by their school district.
* Perform other duties as related to the delivery of a quality
* This position must perform duties in accordance with the
policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by the
YMCA of Metro Atlanta, Branch Strategic Plan, Safety Protocols
Including COVID-19, and Member Services Guidelines and Program
Non-Negotiables. Emphasis will be placed on member service, program
knowledge, member/staff safety, and communication with members and
* Implements the YMCA safety protocol both related to COVID-19 and
* Implement wellness checks and provide a leadership role in
ensuring participant/staff adherence to the safety protocols, with
a commitment to positive member and staff safety.
* Assist with the organization and implementation of enrichment
activities by age requirements.
* AM Counselors will assist with morning drop-off and check-in of
* AM Floaters will assist with bathroom breaks, lunches, etc.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values of caring, honesty,
respect and responsibility; demonstrates a desire to serve others
and fulfill community needs; recruits volunteers and supports
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different
backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions; builds rapport;
seeks first to understand others' point of view and remains calm;
speaks and writes effectively; takes initiative.
Operational Effectiveness: Strive to meet or exceed goals and
deliver a high-value experience for members; Makes sound judgments
and transfers knowledge from one situation to another; establishes
goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in
meetings; follows policies and procedures; strives for best
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development; demonstrates an openness
to change; is emotionally mature.
Effect on End Result:
Children and Families will experience a high-quality school-age
program. Children will be supervised at all times. The program will
remain in compliance at all times with the YMCA, and BFTS if at a
licensed facility, rules and regulations.
Bending, stooping, standing, sitting, lifting up to thirty pounds,
seeing, hearing, keyboard input, ability to change diapers.
I understand my status of a Site Director is contingent upon
keeping the minimum enrollment.
Ed Isakson / Alpharetta YMCA
Keywords: YMCA Metro Atlanta, Alpharetta , Y Campus Connection - Site Counselor - Alpharetta Adult Activity Center, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!