Tax Consultant II
Posted on: November 25, 2022
ADP is hiring a Tax Consultant II. In this position you will be
responsible for the successful delivery of Tax Account Management
Services. Ensures employment tax filing and payment obligations are
met in compliance with PEO requirements, federal, state and local
regulations. Manages the integration of employer tax accounts into
the co-employment relationship. Analyze employer tax accounts and
consultant with clients regarding tax account status, business
changes, filing discrepancies, documents and critical data gaps.
Serves as the authorized representative between clients and taxing
authorities. Research and resolve employment tax related matters.
Ensure tax accounts maintain a good standing status with taxing
authorities. Provides support and guidance to clients, regions,
taxing authorities, business partners and third party
administrators regarding PEO reporting and employment tax matters.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources
technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced
payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe
our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive,
down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation,
and values belonging. We've received recognition as a global Best
Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for
diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc Top 50
Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural
talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has
joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black
Americans over the next ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on
our YouTube channel: WHAT YOU'LL DO: Responsibilities
- Analyze client tax accounts during the implementation process.
Ensure employer tax accounts are accurately and timely integrate
into PEO tax services.
- Collaborate with clients, tax authorities, and ADP Business
partners to manage client tax accounts.
- Consult with clients and provide direction on critical data and
document gaps, effective filing status, business changes, and
outstanding tax discrepancies to ensure compliance with employer
tax filing requirements.
- Apply industry and product knowledge to implement, guide, and
support client tax account set ups and changes in compliance with
PEO requirements, tax regulations, ADP polices, and client
- Serve as the authorized employment tax representative between
clients and taxing authorities.
- Research and resolve employment tax filing discrepancies and
respond to agency inquiries.
- Provide clients or designated agents with tax account support
to resolve prior to services account discrepancies.
- Lead account management efforts to ensure accurate and timely
employment tax filings and payments.
- Thoroughly research and resolve complex escalated tax account
matters to reduce additional liability and meet service
- Manage maintenance reports to proactively identify and resolve
discrepancies prior to submission of tax returns.
- Provide internal and external clients with support and guidance
on escalated employment tax matters.
- Monitor tax cases to ensure commitments, deadlines and service
requirements are met.
- Assist with managing the day to day operations including
quality assurance reporting and activities.
- Analyze results and provide recommendations to improve
- Partner with Manager to identify and develop training and
development plans to address knowledge and performance gaps.
- Assist with training and mentoring of associates.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on associate
- Manage tax projects as assigned.
- Complete and assist with tax rate protests, abatements, account
reconciliations and audits.
- Use industry knowledge to identify required actions to resolve
- Partner with internal processing groups to ensure system
transaction meet agency mandates.
- Ensure client business changes are accurately applied to tax
accounts in compliance with agency regulations.
- Keep up with changing employment tax laws and explain
implications to clients.
- Identify and act on opportunities to reduce employment tax
liabilities (i.e. voluntary contributions, tax credits, exemptions,
etc.) as outlined in services. Calculate and communicate the impact
of additional employment socialized costs, surcharges, and other
- Partner with agencies to ensure that tax accounts meet all
employment tax obligations and remain in good standing.
- Actively participate in tax projects and special tasks as
- Communicate account IDs, rates, status and regulatory changes
to internal and external clients as required.
- Provide third party administrators with tax account data and
responses as outlined in service level agreements to ensure
accurate and timely filings and support.
- Assist with identifying changes that drive efficiency for tax
account management and enhance the client service experience.
- Maintain POAs, tax documents, and employer /agency responses in
compliance with agency requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure timely
processing of government forms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience- 2-5 Years of Directly Related. TO SUCCEED IN THIS
- Prior payroll or tax filing experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in education and experience
with a Major Area of Concentration in Business or related
- FPC or CPP. BONUS POINTS FOR THESE: Preferred Qualifications
- You'll have a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent.
- Project management.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Research, probing and problem solving.
- Oral and written communication.
- Troubleshooting and analysis.
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and taxing authorities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and web-based software
applications. Explore our COVID-19 page to understand how ADP is
approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP:
ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our
clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact
lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality
and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities
regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color,
genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected
veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the
basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where
associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications,
experience, ability, and job performance. Ethics at ADP: ADP has a
long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical
standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also
expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of
integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and
respectful workplace. Click to learn more about ADP s culture and
our full set of values.
Keywords: ADP, Alpharetta , Tax Consultant II, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!