Customer Operations Supervisor
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising the
day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Department, including
tracking of correspondence.
- Supervises all customer service functions to ensure work is
completed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Plans and oversees work assignments and recommends staff
- Supervises staff including determining staffing needs, setting
goals, interviewing, selecting, coaching, and evaluating the
performance of all direct reports.
- Ensures all requests forwarded from Call Center or other units
are completed within required time frames.
- Follows-up on established departmental goals and objectives
that support divisional and enterprise missions and goals and
ensures team goals support department goals.
- Reviews and reports progress towards goals on a timely
- Participates in departmental or enterprise projects as
- Resolves escalated/sensitive customer service related
- Supervises and/or conducts training sessions on any new
processes impacting Quality Assurance.
- Supports external audits from regulatory agencies and assists
Compliance in updating complaint and grievance documentation to
meet state-specific requirements.
- 5+ years as Individual Contributor w/Associate's degree
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking
- Detail-oriented; flexible and creative.
- Analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to supervise various plan details and systems and
premium and claims processing procedures.
- Ability to make effective business recommendations and develop
methods and procedures to improve department's effectiveness and
- Demonstrated supervisory, coaching, and training skills.
Base Pay Information
The national base pay range is a good-faith estimate of what Delta
Dental may pay for new hires. Actual pay may vary based on Delta
Dental's assessment of the candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities
(KSAs), related experience, education, certifications and ability
to meet required minimum job qualifications. Other factors
impacting pay include prevailing wages in the work location and
internal equity. $55,000 - $116,900
Rewards to make you smile! We don't just want to make our customers
happy - we want to give our employees a reason to smile, too. Delta
Dental's comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Generous paid time off plus 12 holidays and your birthday
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16
paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment,
travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Delta Dental, our success is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We take enormous pride in being the nation's most
recognized and widely-used provider of dental insurance - and we've
come this far by living our core values of innovation, excellence,
service and trust. Our vision is to motivate and empower every
employee so that we're all inspired to take exceptional care of our
customers, providers and ourselves. We believe in integrity,
accountability, collaboration, and giving every employee equitable
opportunity for their voice to be heard and development to be
If you're excited about the prospect of transforming the future of
health care and growing in your career, join our smile
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn
more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect
with us on social media: Delta Dental Ins. on Facebook and
Instagram, #LifeatDDins on Facebook and Instagram, Delta Dental
Ins. on Twitter and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation's
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace for all
employees. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of
race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender or identity expression, age, disability, marital status,
medical status, veteran status or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law. In addition to federal law
requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire
individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii,
Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming,
Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided
if selected for hire.
Delta Dental* has enacted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to protect
all employees and the communities we serve due to the ongoing
impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, we require all
employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Are you able to
comply with our policy of being fully vaccinated by your start date
if an offer is made or have a medical or sincerely held religious
exemption for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine? Failure to comply with
our policy and submit proof of compliance or receive approval for a
valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption prior to
your start date will nullify any offer of employment extended to
*Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental
Insurance Company, Delta Dental of Pennsylvania, and Delta Dental
of New York
If You Are A Current Employee Click Here To Apply
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Customer Operations Supervisor, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!