Claims Specialist - Commercial Trucking
Company: IAT Insurance Group
Posted on: July 10, 2018
IAT is growing and has an immediate opening for a Claims Specialist, in Alpharetta, Georgia, that will be handling claims for our commercial, long-haul trucking claims covering the entire United States. The Claim Specialist is responsible for investigating the extent of the company's liability and will be responsible for handling injury and property damage claims from inception until conclusion of the claim, which could include litigation cases. Responsibilities:
- Handle moderate to complex exposure claims relative to bodily injury and commercial auto property claims, based on Claim Best Practices Guidelines.
- Verify/analyze applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establish 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigate each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identify potential red flags and suspicious claims and refer to SIU
- Set accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Best Practices Guidelines.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and authorize settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Select, direct and manage Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiate directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Draft correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage disclaimers, reservation of rights and liability denials as required.
- Maintain resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree preferred with 5 years' of relevant claims or equivalent.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience handling commercial trucking claims.
- Must have advanced knowledge of the Motor Carrier Coverage Form, Business Auto Form and Non-Trucking Coverage Form.
- Must be knowledgeable in both state and federal jurisdictions.
- Must have the appropriate claims license or the ability to attain.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must have experience handling 1st and 3rd party claims.
- Litigation experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
IAT Overview:IAT Insurance Group ("IAT") is a privately held global insurance--company, headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, providing a wide range of property and--casualty insurance products meeting the needs of individuals and businesses. IAT consists of four operating divisions,--each sharing the same quality standards, commitment to service and innovation,--and an overall mission of excellence. As--an organization, we leverage our experienced leadership, sound analytics,--proven operating platforms and extensive risk capabilities across the entire--enterprise to deliver specialized, sustainable solutions for our customers.
With multiple locations throughout the United States, IAT has a large--footprint throughout the United States. As a privately owned organization, consisting of more than six hundred--employees, we are able to act strategically within an ever-changing--marketplace. We are large enough to make--a difference in the industry but small enough to be agile and nimble. Our focus includes meeting customer needs and--fostering an exceptional agent and broker network to serve clients. Furthermore,--we strive to provide--an environment where our employees feel empowered, challenged and valued. Not only does IAT provide a dynamic--workplace, we also provide competitive total compensation packages and great--benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a--generous time off policy, company provided life and disability insurance, a--lucrative 401k company match, and incentive plans.
Keywords: IAT Insurance Group, Alpharetta, Claims Specialist - Commercial Trucking, Other, Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!