AVP, Infrastructure Specialist (L10)
Company: Synchrony Financial
Posted on: July 11, 2018
Job Description:Role Summary/Purpose: The Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for the configuration, design, and deployment of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and Data Center Security (DCS). The ideal candidate provides a consistent and valuable security service by collaborating with other teams to optimize the protection and performance of endpoints while integrating with other security toolsets and business applications.Essential Responsibilities:
- Symantec Endpoint protection design, testing, administration, and client deployment.
- Symantec Data Center Security administration, and File Integrity Monitoring configuration
- Identification and resolution of client, policy, and configuration impact to operations
- Collaboration on security monitoring and log management solutions to the firm's internal customers
- Support and assist the SOC and CIRT with security incidents and to design new policies to identify and mitigate risk
- Assess and build appropriate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans for components and infrastructure
- Participate in providing documentation to ensure a well-managed and mature security infrastructure
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assignedQualifications/Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of previous SEP administration as main role
- Minimum 3 years of security or security operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years Symantec products, including CWP, SEE, DLP.Desired Characteristics:
- PCI DSS experience
- Familiarity with networking, UNIX/Linux, and Windows server OS platforms
- Experience with Splunk or another SIEM or log management platform
- Good understanding of security landscape as a whole
- Creativity and individual thinking, and the ability to work both with a team and unsupervised
- Strong and efficient problem-solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and sustain productivity with multiple simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with problem and incident management, change management, and basic operational understanding of running and maintaining infrastructure
- Experience with public and private cloud deployments
- Good teamwork, oral and written communication
- Working remote is an option for well qualified candidates.Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in position or performance requirement).Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am ' 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.Grade/Level: 10Job Family Group:Information Technology
Keywords: Synchrony Financial, Alpharetta, AVP, Infrastructure Specialist (L10), Other, Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!