Senior Linux Engineer
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job DescriptionSenior Linux Engineerjob summary:Our Client is
seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to work an exciting project in
Alpharetta. The Senior Linux Engineering team is responsible for
end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to our customers.
This individual will work withDevelopment, Product and other
Engineering teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an
infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to
failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of
the business. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative
approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, will be
forwardthinking, and will be able to work effectively across a
multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and
talented team,continuously striving for excellence.location:
Alpharetta, Georgiajob type: Contractsalary: $53 - 55 per hourwork
hours: 8am to 5pmeducation: Bachelorsresponsibilities:Job
- Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement
highly available Linux / Java infrastructures, and managing
solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real
Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2
- Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to
develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally
- Implement solutions by writing automation processes to deploy
Linux systems, application containers, and hosted
- Be a primary infrastructure interface for business unit and
operations teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Technical leadership for project based assignments
- Providing technical documentation to Project and Operations
teams as part of project deliverables.
- Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python,
Jython, Shell, etc.)qualifications:Job Qualifications/Experience
- 5-7 years of professional work experience in a related
- Delivery of the infrastructure solution requires a variety of
skills including infrastructure architecture, Hands-on build-out
and configuration of the infrastructure
- Management of the application container, as well as project
technical leadership skills ensuring projects are delivered within
scope and on-time.
- A high degree of collaboration with Development and other
Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility
within a defined delivery process.
- Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting
with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze,
validate, specify, verify, document and manage the
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering
experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Intel servers
utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions
utilizing one or more of the following technologies:o Linux (Red
Hat Preferred)o JBosso Oracle Fusion Middlewareo WebLogico
Coherenceo Oracle RACo WebSphere Portalo WebSphere MQ
- Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell,
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration
management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, HP Server
Automation, HP Operations Orchestration
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components
including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and
Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of
Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups
and Client Relationship groups.
- Ability to produce high quality operational documentation,
including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the
environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps
required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the
- Less than 20% per yearEducation: Education: Bachelor's Degree
in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High
School diplomaskills: Job Skills:
- Strong customer service skills with high level of
professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple sites and
- Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage
multiple projects or tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Keen attention to detail High organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a
high level of confidence
- Familiarity with development models (RUP / Agile / etc.).
- Experience administering source control, build automation
- Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on UNIX/Linux
platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
- Development experience (this is not a development
position).Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex,
Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic
Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other
legally protected group status.
Keywords: Randstad, Alpharetta , Senior Linux Engineer, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!