Supervisor Contact Center
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: May 19, 2019
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are
passionate about oral health and its importance to future
generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health
care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental
insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
This position is responsible for providing supervisory support and
leadership to contact center staff and ensuring the efficient,
accurate and timely handling of inquiries from all sources through
How you will make an impact:
* Manages and supervises the daily activities of the contact center
staff including reviewing employee performance.
* Ensures all calls are handled professionally, appropriately,
accurately and in a timely manner.
* Provides continual training and coaching to staff and works with
departmental and/or enterprise trainer to develop written training
materials and procedures.
* Participates in the interviewing and selections of all direct
* Responsible for all performance reporting, documentation and
management of direct reports.
* Performs ongoing call monitoring for quality assurance purposes;
ensures direct reports are performing at optimum level and coaches
where opportunities for improvement may exist.
* Participates in queue management and answering calls as needed,
to ensure service level requirements are achieved.
* Makes suggestions to management on business process improvements
based on call monitoring results.
* Participates in Enterprise and department projects.
* Identifies and documents impacts to department and/or team and
implements solutions in an effective manner.
* Handles escalated service issues with individual clients or
* Resolves complex customer service issues and ensure appropriate
* Motivates and encourages agents through positive communication
* Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested by
What we look for:
* A Bachelor s degree or equivalent education, training and/or
experience is required.
* A minimum of 5 years related experience, preferred
* 2 years+ of contact center or other customer service department
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Call monitoring experience preferred.
* Bilingual speaking abilities in Spanish and English preferred
* Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking
* Detail-oriented; flexible and creative.
* Possesses strong interpersonal and communications skill-sets;
works effectively with all levels of staff in a very diverse
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a challenging, fluid and
fast paced environment.
* Ability to work well under pressure, consistently meet deadlines
and achieve contractual targets with minimal direction.
* Exceptional supervisory, leadership, analytical &
problem/resolution competencies & skills.
* Experience in Union environment preferred.
* Must possess a collaborative approach to problem solving and
ability to work effectively within a team environment to accomplish
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Knowledge of dental terminology and dental claim processing and
* Strong knowledge of applicable contact center software.
* Must be able to learn and acclimate rapidly to multiple contact
center IT and Telephony based systems.
* Working knowledge of contact center concepts and
telecommunication technology preferred.
* Must be PC literate; MSOffice skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
with strong Excel skills.
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Supervisor Contact Center, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!