Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Prepares, compiles, organizes and reviews mortgage loan files
ensuring accuracy of data and adherence to underwriting standards.
Completes all required pre-close steps and submits clear and
accurate loan documentation files within established time frames.
Ensures appropriate procedures are followed while meeting
production goals and objectives. Assists with providing work
direction and guidance to less experienced loan closers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prioritizes and maintains a quality pipeline of mortgage files to
facilitate residential mortgage loan closings. Reviews daily,
weekly and monthly pipeline reports to identify loans not meeting
service level agreements.
* Works closely with loan origination staff and outside sources to
gather and organize credit and collateral information needed to
document mortgage loan files for appropriate product type.
* Reviews files to verify that application data is complete and
meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage,
borrower income, assets, liabilities and length of employment.
* Analyzes, reconciles, and submits loan packages to underwriting
for conditional review and full approval once conditions are met
and validated. Assists with any post-closing or conditions
* Ensures integrity of all data and process inputs. Maintains
excellent customer service standards with both internal and
external customers. May adapt procedures, processes and techniques
to meet the requirements of the function.
* Works closely with insurance agencies, realtors, closing agents
and borrowers to schedule closings.
* Assists with the facilitation of team meetings to discuss loans
in process, loans scheduled to close, loans ready to submit to
underwriting, new loans received, new programs, and any pricing or
marketing specials. Facilitates weekly pipeline calls with loan
* Assists with management of closing calendar to monitor lock
expiration dates to avoid extensions and to meet purchase contract
* Makes recommendations regarding improvement of loan file quality
using quality assurance findings, investor suspensions and
underwriting suspensions as indicators of changes needed.
* Identifies and communicates examples of best practices, excellent
customer service, top performers, and other positive messages.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting
diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Three years of residential mortgage loan
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Experience with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan products
* Experience with LP/DU system
* Knowledge of Empower or other mortgage loan origination systems
(Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter, FHA Connection, GUS)
* Knowledge of mortgage loan products and basic regulatory
* Strong attention to detail
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office software products and
job-specific software applications
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Alpharetta , Sr Processor, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!