Banquet Setup/House Attendant
Company: The Hotel at Avalon and Alpharetta
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Location: US-GA-Alpharetta# of Openings: 1Category: Food and
BeveragePosition Type: Regular Part-TimeFLSA Status:
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of
the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives ? a
grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed
in the timeless art of living well.
Here at the Hotel at Avalon, the "Good Life" is ever present in our
benefits of becoming an associate! In addition to our Company's
medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Hotel at Avalon
associates also enjoy free lunch or dinner during your shift in our
Associate Cafe, free gated on-site parking, provided uniforms, and
discounted dry cleaning rates on-site. In addition, you and your
family have access to Marriott's discounted hotel room program at
thousands of Marriott locations around the world.
"Think of us as a guide to the extraordinary, a gateway to the
unconventional, a beacon of good taste".
Assist Banquet Manager in the preparing for banquet guests and
ensure positive guest experience.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest.
This includes considerable physical activity in transporting
awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance
floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and
return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset
for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and
ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used
in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round,
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums
weighing up to 100 lbs. through a crowded room with or without
- This position requires considerable physical activity on a
continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break
down with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push
goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs with or
without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time with or without
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Hotel at Avalon and Alpharetta, Alpharetta , Banquet Setup/House Attendant, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!