GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of duties relating to
the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans for outside
referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for
mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Assumesoverall
responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and
* Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company''s policies
* Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing
procedures, and underwriting and general departmental
* Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003 on
* Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates,
applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses and
transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
* Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver
loan package in the time frames set by management.
* Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and
complete required management reports.
* Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely
updates and progress reports.
* Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each
applicant''s and support staff#s expectations.
* Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as
required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Mortgage Loan Officer must meet the following criteria:
Three years of mortgage lending experience.
Established book of business (local centers of influence willing to
refer mortgage loans to you).
Existing mortgage sales of $1million per month, and 4 purchase
units closed per month