IT Business Analyst III
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: January 17, 2020
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for maintaining and
supporting Delta Dental s financial applications. The analyst is
responsible for supporting the finance team in the implementation
of new functionality, maintenance and upgrade of the applications
he/she supports. He/she needs to analyze business needs, document
requirements and translate findings into proper system requirement
How you will make an impact:
* Will be the IT support contact for Finance team, maintaining and
supporting Oracle Financials Release 12.1.3 and other delta
specific custom Finance applications.
* Ability to articulate a business process and provide functional
solutions on the Oracle Financials, Splash BI for any
* Responsible for closely working with business partners in
performing feasibility analysis for various solutions
* Responsible for documenting requirements, identifying change
requests, working closely with the delivery leadership and project
management team in developing level of efforts and support the
project planning and execution activities.
* Responsible for designing solutions and performing a fit gap
analysis between the business requirements and Oracle s native
* Responsible for gathering requirements and design of any custom
reports, custom modules as needed.
* Should support future Oracle financials product upgrades to
release 12.2 or higher.
* Should support business users on Oracle s native functionality on
modules like Oracle Payables, General Ledger, Fixed Assets,
Purchasing and Oracle Receivables.
* Should be responsible for doing any Oracle configurations, Oracle
forms personalization and other setups.
* Assist and support any Oracle patches upgrade that need to be
done as part of system maintenance.
* Engage Oracle support in critical issues and resolve oracle
* Should collaborate with Oracle developers and Oracle DBA teams to
maintain and support the applications.
* Knowledge on Oracle SQL is preferred. Should be able to write ad
hoc SQL queries in the database and trouble shoot issues as
* Knowledge to debug any Oracle PL/SQL packages as required when
troubleshooting production issues.
What we look for:
* A Bachelor s Degree in finance or Management Information Systems
or any equivalent education, training or experience is
* A minimum of 8 years related experience with application design
* Working knowledge on Oracle Financials ERP financial systems.
* Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
* Desire to expand technical capabilities.
* Able to work in a dynamic environment with multiple
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Effective time management skills with strong attention to
* Worked on any Oracle Financials Release 12.1.3.
* Good knowledge on financial modules Oracle AP, GL, AR, FA and
procurement modules PO and iProcurement.
* Knowledge on Oracle SQL.
* Strong organizational skills, project and time management skills
and multi-tasking abilities.
* Strong knowledge of Finance and IT functions and
* Strong project management skills to develop and deliver projects
on a timely basis.
* Should be very good in debugging issues and able to resolve.
* Knowledge of functional design, configuration change, setup, test
and implementation to identify and document business
* Nice to have prior experience in Dental Insurance or Health
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , IT Business Analyst III, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!