PRN Coding Consultant Inpatient 3
Company: CIOX Health
Posted on: March 27, 2020
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
HIM / Coding
PRN REMOTE INPATIENT CODER
* University/Academic Medical Center Experience Required *
* Flexible schedule
* Equipment provided
* Internal IT support
* Free CE credits
* Coding questions support
* Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses
* Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record
* Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical
* Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and
* Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding
issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
* Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for
MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity
* Maintains minimum production of 1 charts per hour or site
specific productivity standards.
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications
* Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and
hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB COMPONENTS:
* Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN
* Reports to work as scheduled.
* Complies with all Company and HIM Division policies and
* Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain
* Attends mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings
* Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association
s code of ethics.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* CCS or RHIA/T.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
* A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or
coding consulting role.
* Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
* Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination
and other assigned testing to be given
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and
applicants for employment without regard to as race, color,
national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability,
citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any
other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal
employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits,
leaves of absence, and training.
Keywords: CIOX Health, Alpharetta , PRN Coding Consultant Inpatient 3, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!