Quality Control Technician
Company: Dessert Holdings
Posted on: October 16, 2020
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Atlanta Cheesecake Company LLC is a leader in
the dessert industry producing innovative, eye-appealing,
mouth-watering products of the highest quality for the best
possible price. Our focus is gourmet products for the consumer.
Summary of the Position Perform Quality Assurance functions in the
laboratory and in the manufacturing facilities to include
analytical tests, evaluations, and quality audits. Monitor and
carry out components of the food safety & quality management system
from incoming materials to finished products for compliance to
specifications &/or policy and to ensure product quality,
safety, & legality. Provide technical support with an emphasis on
customer expectations, continuous improvement opportunities, and
productivity requirements. Essential Functions
- Perform routine audits throughout the facilities to ensure
compliance to food safety & quality programs and policy, GMPs, and
sanitation standards.Take action on noncompliant issues &/or
notify the appropriate supervisor or manager.
- Perform sampling and microbiological testing of equipment,
facilities, utensils, air, water, etc. to audit sanitation
practices and monitor environmental conditions as related to
- Prepare reports and provide assistance / recommended corrective
actions for deficiencies resulting from sanitation audits and
- Collect finished product and raw material samples for
evaluation and testing in the QA lab.
- Perform microbiological tests, analytical tests, and product
evaluations on raw materials and finished products for compliance
to specifications and policy.
- Perform sensory evaluation of raw materials and finished
- Prepare shipments of samples for microbiological & analytical
tests to be performed at an outside laboratory and coordinate
shipments to ensure that samples are delivered on time and in good
- Collect production check sheets, reports and documentation -
maintain files according to the company record retention
- Communicate with other departments within the company on
out-of-specification products & materials, foreign material issues,
and other matters of noncompliance.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting as needed to
support the food safety and quality of our products.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, meetings,
committees, seminars, and training events as required.
- Maintain retention samples for finished products Requirements
- Minimum of 6 months of QA or related experience in a food
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Micro laboratory experience &/or HACCP experience a
- Good mathematical, analytical, organizational, problem-solving,
and decision-making skills.
- Ability to review & interpret data and prepare reports.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office, e-mail. Experience
with manufacturing/quality databases is preferred.
- Ability to follow written procedures and established test
- Ability to work independently and accept responsibility.
Keywords: Dessert Holdings, Alpharetta , Quality Control Technician, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!