Business Analyst I
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility
and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work
location for certain roles may be remote until a future date,
determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek
be determined by Delta Dental Management as remote, the position
may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet
the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work
visas for this position.
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so
we re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers,
providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In
addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided
if selected for hire.
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
This Business Analyst I position is responsible for providing
analytical support through research, data gathering, interpretation
and development or testing of policies and procedures and
reporting. Responsibilities for this role include documenting
business requirements and developing use case scenarios for new or
How you will make an impact:
* Research and analyze data to identify trends or potential
* Develop plans and proposals to address issues.
* Participate in the project life cycle activities from planning,
through requirements gathering, user acceptance testing,
implementation, maintenance and production support.
* Prepare written reports and verbal presentations summarizing
project objectives, analysis, conclusions, issues and
* Communicate with and organize division staff or project teams to
meet project objectives.
* Develop business process maps.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent education, training or experience
* A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
* PC literacy required; MS Office skills to include: Outlook, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint and Visio.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business
processes and recommend effective solutions.
* Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking ability.
* Experience with both process and data-driven structured analysis
* Understanding of agile and DMAIC methodologies.
* Experience in dental or healthcare payor industry preferred.
* Knowledge of Delta Dental products preferred.
* Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal
computer, photocopy and fax machine etc).
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Business Analyst I, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!