Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Consultant
Company: Applied Technical Services, LLC
Posted on: February 14, 2021
We are currently seeking a Microsoft 365 and SharePoint
Consultant for our subsidiary company, ABEL SOLUTIONS. .
The Microsoft 365 ("M365") and SharePoint Consultant (Technical) is
responsible for the successful delivery of client technical
solutions. This professional will work both independently and on
project teams focused on delivering business solutions based on
Microsoft and other related technologies for our customers.
Founded in 1967, Applied Technical Services, Inc. has established a
reputation with business, industry, and the legal profession for
successfully uncovering facts in Metallurgy and Materials Testing,
Chemical Analysis, Non-destructive Testing, Forensic and Consulting
Engineering, Fire and Explosion Investigations, and Calibration
Services. ATS is consistently ranked in the top 10 of all Atlanta
engineering firms, with over 1,000 employees and $175,000,000 in
For twenty five years, customers have trusted ABEL SOLUTIONS to do
what others couldn't -- solve their business challenges. We can
help you achieve powerful business improvement to accomplish your
The Consultant must possess analytical skills, excellent verbal and
written communication skills and understand the long-term
perspective on the relationship of Microsoft technology to the
business opportunities facing our customers. The candidate must
have a take-charge attitude and be able to implement needed
solutions. This individual must be able to handle ambiguity without
losing focus. The individual must demonstrate commitment to Abel
Solutions values, including performing to an exceptionally high
ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork
in all efforts.
As an active consultant team member, this position will be
responsible for participating in all activities of client-specific
solution implementations. This includes requirements and solution
definition, solution configuration and development, data
conversion/migration, testing and post go-live support.
Additionally, the consultant must possess the experience and
tactical ability to establish priorities for their work in a
dynamic environment and report on progress to internal and external
parties.Consultants have a moderate to deep technical area of
experience in one or more areas (e.g., M365, SharePoint,
application development/systems integration, RDBMS, business
intelligence, business process automation ("BPA").
While a portion of our clients are in the Atlanta area and those
that are not we support remotely, there is always potential for
out-of-town client travel.
Job ResponsibilitiesConsulting Services DeliveryPerform all aspects
of technical implementation projects from analysis through
implementation and support, including:
- Assist with analysis of the client's business and identify the
necessary transformation based on proposed solution(s).
- Assist clients with M365 and SharePoint online implementations
to meet specific business needs.
- Perform SharePoint environment analysis and implement upgrades
and data migrations.
- Develop, implement, and troubleshoot solutions utilizing the
- Build and implement PowerShell scripts.
- Work closely with the Abel staff to design and implement
systems that leverage the selected BPA technology stack, namely
Nintex and Power Automate.
- Participate in the development and execution of project
deliverables (e.g., detailed design specifications, test scripts,
etc.) with minimum guidance.
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to issues that arise and
suggesting solutions\options to management.
- Participate in client specific project team(s), contributing to
the progress towards a timely completion of the project(s),
- Understand project team roles and responsibilities.
- Understand technical issue/ risk management processes.
- Understand all deliverables' quality metrics and milestone
dates.Continuous Process Improvement:
- Promote best practices in terms of deliverables, processes, and
- Further develop industry knowledge and expertise through
continued participation in a variety of information system related
- Continue to achieve Certifications in related areas.
- Ensure project excellence by exhibiting professionalism,
effective communication, critical thinking, workmanship and assist
in financial deliveries of client engagements.
- Attend company functions, including company meetings to
cultivate team building.
- Seek out opportunities for professional skills advancement
through classes, seminars, webinars, events, self-study, etc.
- Develop new technical knowledge and professional skills to
enrich the company's overall knowledge and skills. This includes
relevant Microsoft solution technologies (e.g., Microsoft 365,
Dynamics 365, SharePoint, etc.) and related 3rd party
- Demonstrate contributions to the technology community through
social media posts, blog posts or other thought leadership.
- Assist the Abel Solutions leadership with other activities and
tasks as assigned.
- Integrate into and forge strong relationships with Abel
Solutions' teammates and leadership.
- 4-year BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related
field. Experience Requirements
- 4+ years technical project consulting and implementation
experience in M365 and SharePoint.
- 4 to 8 years in relevant technical project experience related
to Microsoft technology systems.
- Moderate to deep expertise with relevant Microsoft technologies
in the marketplace; e.g., M365, SharePoint, Power Platform,
PowerShell, Dynamics, Azure, and related development
- Experience with Nintex, specifically the design and
implementation of solutions with Nintex Workflow and Forms.
- Experience with systems development life cycle methodologies
and frameworks (e.g., Agile/Scrum, 'Waterfall').
- Possess exemplary written and oral communication skills to
prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as
to interact with all low to mid-level personnel (up to Director
level) within the client, project, and consulting services
- Possess strong client management and teamwork skills;
comfortable with challenging other's ideas and working with
disparate groups to bring about consensus.
- Capacity to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and
attention to detail.
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks and priorities in a
fast-paced, changing, demanding environment with quality
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to assist with
problem solving and business rule definition, and to identify and
negotiate solutions to address project challenges.
- Ability to handle ambiguity without losing focus and can
perform with minimal direction.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office apps: Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and DevOps.
Keywords: Applied Technical Services, LLC, Alpharetta , Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Consultant, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!