Consulting System Engineer - Lvl 2
Company: Primetals Technologies
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and
manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry,
known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics,
automation, manufacturing, project management and service is hiring
for the following position: Consulting System Engineer --- Lvl
2Location: Alpharetta, GA Required Travel: 70%Required Education:
BS/BA in Engineering or Computer Science, or advanced degree, where
required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position Overview:Advises and performs in the design, development,
testing, documentation and start-up of the process control system.
Develops new programs, as well as enhancements, modifications and
upgrades to existing software, for a specific contract. Provides
technical direction in area of specialty. Reviews and approves
functional specifications, system configurations and project
schedules. Approves engineering requisition and vendor selection.
Functions as a Project Engineer for any size project. Leads sales
efforts for proposal generation, project cost estimation and
technical presentations.Duties in general to include:As a
Consulting Systems Engineer with the Primetals Technologies
Engineering Team, you will work various projects and stages of
projects that will contribute to excellence in hardware, product
and software developments for your Customer. Duties will include
but not be limited to:
- Develops the overall project schedule and assignment of project
- Develops the technical direction for the systems design.
- Develops or approves the project design specifications and
system configuration so that they meet the customer
- Develops or approves process calculations and models.
- Designs, codes and tests software for assigned portion of the
- Provides appropriate source code documentation to meet company
or customer requirements.
- Interacts with client engineers to answer technical questions
and review design documents.
- Defines the equipment to be purchased and then develops the
engineering requisitions, followed by vendor evaluation and
interaction with the vendor.
- Participates in project start-up to verify, debug and tune
- Coordinates and conducts training classes for the client for
- Interfaces with other company business units and/or E&C
company to support project work.
- Provides project management functions including reviewing the
overall project schedule and assignment of project tasks, reviewing
equipment purchases, maintaining budgets, issuing change orders and
updating reports for senior management.
- Abides by the Company---s engineering and standard operating
procedures and develops, maintains and updates of them.
- Supports the overall business and marketing objectives of PTUS
and the Electrical and Automation department.
- Initiates proposal development, cost estimates and sales
presentations to support sales inquiries and the sales
team.Required Skills/Knowledge, Education and
Experience:Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of
Engineering to the successful completion of complex assignments. 8+
Eight plus years of experience with a similar engineering company
or from a steel or aluminum plant environmentExperience in one or
more of the following:
- C++, C#, Java, and/or Visual Basic programming in a Windows
- Modeling of metals manufacturing processes
- Database programming (Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server) Equal
Employment Opportunity StatementPrimetals is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, protected veteran or military status, other
categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and
regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with
disabilities.EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected
under Federal law from discrimination.
Keywords: Primetals Technologies, Alpharetta , Consulting System Engineer - Lvl 2, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!