Tax Consultant I
Posted on: June 21, 2022
ADP is hiring a Tax Consultant I. In this position you will be
responsible for the successful delivery of Tax Account Management
Services. Ensures employment tax filing and payment obligations are
met in compliance with PEO requirements, federal, state and local
regulations. Manages the integration of employer tax accounts into
the co-employment relationship. Analyze employer tax accounts and
consultant with clients regarding tax account status, business
changes, filing discrepancies, documents and critical data gaps.
Serves as the authorized representative between clients and taxing
authorities. Research and resolve employment tax related matters.
Ensure tax accounts maintain a good standing status with taxing
authorities. Provides support and guidance to clients, regions,
taxing authorities, business partners and third party
administrators regarding PEO reporting and employment tax
matters.At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique
talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things
differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow,
we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at
ADP.We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE
values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service
Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts,
Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze client tax accounts during the implementation process.
Ensure employer tax accounts are accurately and timely integrate
into PEO tax services.
- Collaborate with clients, tax authorities, and ADP Business
partners to manage client tax accounts.
- Consult with clients and provide direction on critical data and
document gaps, effective filing status, business changes, and
outstanding tax discrepancies to ensure compliance with employer
tax filing requirements.
- Apply industry and product knowledge to implement, guide, and
support client tax account set ups and changes in compliance with
PEO requirements, tax regulations, ADP polices, and client
- Serve as the authorized employment tax representative between
clients and taxing authorities.
- Research and resolve employment tax filing discrepancies and
respond to agency inquiries.
- Provide clients or designated agents with tax account support
to resolve prior to services account discrepancies.
- Lead account management efforts to ensure accurate and timely
employment tax filings and payments.
- Thoroughly research and resolve complex escalated tax account
matters to reduce additional liability and meet service
- Manage maintenance reports to proactively identify and resolve
discrepancies prior to submission of tax returns.
- Provide internal and external clients with support and guidance
on escalated employment tax matters.
- Monitor tax cases to ensure commitments, deadlines and service
requirements are met.
- Assist with managing the day to day operations including
quality assurance reporting and activities.
- Analyze results and provide recommendations to improve
- Partner with Manager to identify and develop training and
development plans to address knowledge and performance gaps.
- Assist with training and mentoring of associates.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on associate
- Manage tax projects as assigned.
- Complete and assist with tax rate protests, abatements, account
reconciliations and audits.
- Use industry knowledge to identify required actions to resolve
- Partner with internal processing groups to ensure system
transaction meet agency mandates.
- Ensure client business changes are accurately applied to tax
accounts in compliance with agency regulations.
- Keep up with changing employment tax laws and explain
implications to clients.
- Identify and act on opportunities to reduce employment tax
liabilities (i.e. voluntary contributions, tax credits, exemptions,
etc.) as outlined in services. Calculate and communicate the impact
of additional employment socialized costs, surcharges, and other
- Partner with agencies to ensure that tax accounts meet all
employment tax obligations and remain in good standing.
- Actively participate in tax projects and special tasks as
- Communicate account IDs, rates, status and regulatory changes
to internal and external clients as required.
- Provide third party administrators with tax account data and
responses as outlined in service level agreements to ensure
accurate and timely filings and support.
- Assist with identifying changes that drive efficiency for tax
account management and enhance the client service experience.
- Maintain POAs, tax documents, and employer /agency responses in
compliance with agency requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure timely
processing of government forms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 - 3 Years of Directly Related Experience
- Prior payroll or tax filing experience required
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in education and experience
with a Major Area of Concentration in Business or related
- FPC or CPP
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates
who have the following:
- Project management
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Research, probing and problem solving
- Oral and written communication
- Troubleshooting and analysis
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Coaching and mentoring
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and taxing authorities required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and web-based software
Keywords: ADP, Alpharetta , Tax Consultant I, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!